[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MozartF

Hey pal!!!

I'm just enjoying a lot out of MOD, but I noticed that baby names are randomly generated, it would be amazing that they get their surnames from their parents, and also given the option for us to name newborns instead of random names. If you can explain to me how to change this in the MOD folder I do, or maybe in a future update.  ;D

Best regards!!! :)
8)

failu

Thanks for making the mod. The noisy babies make the game more interesting,
but I still got bugs while I use it with other MODs.

One of my child failed to be a child. He broke his arm at 3, so I installed a prosthetic arm.
When he got 4, he was still in toddler stage, he wore adult clothes but could do nothing except flicking switches.

The other one bug is that. When a movable baby was crying and going to eat something, the childcarer would want to carry it to the bed and feed it.  Then they would both stand by the bed. The baby wanted to move and the mother keep catching the baby.

Gul Dreggrod

Excellent mod, I well and truly appreciate the fact my colony can expand it's population naturally.

One big issue I found with this mod is the interactions it has with Humanoid Alien Races, at least those with custom body types.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/500308726536732672/621232858102497300/unknown.png

Because the pawns are minors/below the age of 16, they want to be able to use a body type not available to them.

As a solution, I suggest the following fix for Humanoid Races: They should be able to use their default body type, but just scale down the draw size to represent the fact they're still young.

TheEpicNoob2014

For some reason, my game keeps crashing with this mod installed. I think it's because one of my colonists is pregnant and the game is trying to get that colonist pregnant. Instead, it just crashes to the desktop with no error message. The very first time it crashed, however, had an error that read "Too many heap loops" or something like that.

Any way I can fix this?
Sometimes, I like to go and use my copy and paste skills.
And when I do, I get really excited. Wanna know why?

Because, for me, modding is awesome.
#CopyAndPasteSkills

sidfu

Quote from: TheEpicNoob2014 on November 03, 2019, 12:26:35 AM
For some reason, my game keeps crashing with this mod installed. I think it's because one of my colonists is pregnant and the game is trying to get that colonist pregnant. Instead, it just crashes to the desktop with no error message. The very first time it crashed, however, had an error that read "Too many heap loops" or something like that.

Any way I can fix this?

not this mod that sounds like a memory issue. when a game takis about heap is usualy memory

Alundra

I keep getting this error and they can't play with the kids...Anyone know a fix?

Mike started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. List: (PlayWithBaby (Job_525550) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525553) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525554) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525555) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525556) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525557) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525558) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525559) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525560) A=Thing_Human191227) , (PlayWithBaby (Job_525561) A=Thing_Human191227)  curDriver=JobDriver_PlayWithBaby (toilIndex=3) curJob=(PlayWithBaby (Job_525561) A=Thing_Human191227) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

lbmaian

Just a quick status update, in case anyone is waiting. Due to a series of hardware errors compounded by user error, I've lost my local source code, other than what I already uploaded to Gitlab. So I was feeling rather unmotivated with redoing all that work again, and worked on some other stuff instead (helping with Harmony, another RW mod that I just published, general C# experimentation, a RW translation file generator that I'm still working on). Recently, I've been tinkering on and off with this mod again as a secondary priority, trying to redo my previous work, but I'm not making any promises or even estimates.

Kori

Yes, I was waiting. ;)
Losing all your progress is terrible! :( I hope you will find the time and motivation for this mod again!

Gfurst

Hey guys, been playing this for a while now, baby finally turned out into a toddler. There is an issue though, he just keeps crawling around the base (primitive tents, so an open area), doesn't grab for himself and doesn't properly sleep at his crib either, just crawls around crying all the goddamn time, I even thought the mother could breastfeed him for some more time, but she also lost that perk. I also had him force wear the onesie. Is there something I'm missing so I don't have to micro?

delalli

Love this mod! Would you consider adding it as a "health condition" in the furture, so scenarios can begin with pregnant pawns? I understand if this would be too difficult; I just noticed that with Prepare Carefully I could start a pawn as sterilized, etc, from the mod, but not Pregnant. I bet it could make some really interesting challenges!

Hydromancerx

serus0

deadeagle12

hi ibmaian first of all i love the mod couldnt play rimworld 1.0 whit out it its put a more realstic in to the game. any update about your proges. i did  read that you lost your local source code for the mod, there is a mod called Children, school and learning and pregnancy is in it to maby you can work to get here so you dont have to write the hol code again.

lbmaian

Hi, I've been waylaid by the 1.1 release and the need to work on other mods (such as Doors Expanded), so this is still on the backburner unfortunately. Complicating matters is that the CnP codebase is fairly fragile (due to bad use of harmony transpilers and other things), so not only does the bugs and other faults known in 1.0 need to be addressed, migrating it to 1.1 is not going to be trivial. No ETA.

jcrobinson

The update is appreciated, even if it is unwelcome news. CnP is the only mod I use all the time, and it feels awkward to play without it now. :-( If there's anything us non-programming literate can do to help...