Rip my Colony

Started by Catacman, December 27, 2016, 10:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catacman

Let's start from the beginning, so I started a colony (Surprising, I know) with the "Tribal" Start scenario, put it on the easier settings as I wanted a nice chilled game with this colony. So I spawn in, and whaddya know, I( start next to a structure, go to deconstruct it, ancient evil bla bla bla. I figure that I can still build my base here, no reason why not, so I just build around it. Fast forward two seasons, my base is thriving, lost one guy to a snake attack, but other than that, it has all been fine. I have a prisoner who refuses to join me, but I keep trying as her stats are mighty fine.

However, the ungrateful cow stages a prison break, you may be thinking "So what? You only have one prisoner" Yes, but my entire colony is built around this "Ancient evil" into a mountain, and her door faces this evil... So what does she do, but sprint straight for the wall, and punch it in... Now, I have the game paused, with two scythers and a centipede looming on my base... From the inside...

Okay, I forgot to post this before I pressed play, got distracted while taking screenshots. But here's an update, As I am tribal, most of my people have melee weapons, so, when the scythers tried to attack me, I beat the hell out of them, it really was that satisfying, I can assure you, in the meantime, the prisoner beat the hell out of one of my colonists (They survived, thankfully) and then picked up the only gun I have, a machine pistol, and then used this to shoot at her only hope of survival, my colonists, so, with the scythers dead, I attacked her with my club guy, who won, due to her being severely wounded by my colonist who she was standing on.

At this point, all thast was left was a charge rifle weilding centipede, I have fourish colonists down, but all they have now is this centipede, so I set my Great bow to stand in cover and fire at him, and my two melees to pick up my wounded (None of them died somehow), one of them is a doctor, so I leave him to heal my wounded, and then I get the other one to pick up a great bow and get into cover, the centipede continues to be a worthless shot, so, in the end, I win with no deaths, and only one lost hand! Praise RNGeesus.

faltonico

That is some bad planing xD
At least your colony is not really resting in peace.

Jakub k.

so it's the equivalent of living next to an armed nuclear bomb xD

Chaia

Quote from: Jakub k. on December 29, 2016, 11:23:02 AM
so it's the equivalent of living next to an armed nuclear bomb xD
You really should rename your colony to "Rimworldton"