[A16] Energy and Ballistics Expansion (On Hold)

Started by JadedApprentince, December 27, 2016, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JadedApprentince

Due to a number of reasons, mainly that school is coming back soon, I will have to put this project on hold since I won't have tons of time to work on it. Until then, please use Combat Realism for A16 since it is now released. When this mod, or a remake is done, it will appear on the releases topic when that is. I have no idea when that will be, so I can't give a date or estimate.

<!-----------------------------------------------------------------!>
!IMPORTANT! After testing, this mod has some MAJOR flaws that may prevent the user from generating a world, plus a large amount of coding error due to unknown type that I will have to create my own simplified model from scratch. Therefore, until ALL current errors are fixed, I will have to keep the Nexus mod link out for now. On Nexus mods as well it is also hidden so that I can fix this.
Sorry, I'll try and fix this as soon as possible!

<!-- 12/31/16 --!>
I already got some great ideas on how to ammunition will play out in this mod, compared to Combat Realism:
-Ammunition will be in rounded measurements and would usually be not historically accurate, meaning that the weapon names WILL be different than the CR / Vanilla name, such as this example:
7.62x51mm Survival Rifle to 8x50mm SR-2
So ammunition will be different, but similar to the original round since I'm going to say that the use of charge technology has made traditional ballistics look for an easy standard for ammunition and firearms. So the 8x50mm round is 1mm shorter than the old round, but is now 8mm in diameter, so the ballistics of the round stay roughly the same. Also an important note is that the type of ammunition will be changing the cost requirement of the ammunition. This is roughly saying that 100 rounds of AP ammunition would require more steel than the 100 of rounds of FMJ ammunition.
-I may look into creating a specific furnace or similar forging application for the creation of plasteel, and other metal alloys that I plan on creating, such as High-Strength Steel, which would be used in firearms or in creating strong steel structures. I might also see about an ultra strong material that uses plasteel and gold/silver + the synthetic parts (that might be revived).
-If synthetics are revived: There would be a light, slightly flexible material that can help bridge the gaps between steel/wood, stone, or plasteel structures since it can be grown(Synstem) and is quite strong, but in order to be made into a wall for example, it takes time and materials:
Synstem fibers > synthetic sheets > synthetic plates > structure or other object
Synthetic plates are used in high durability structures or in certain recipes/uses, but some will require synthetic sheets, which can also be used in some armors.

Note Modders:
If you want to use my mod in a mod pack or create a modification of it, please contact me BEFORE so that I can give my permission before you continue, this goes especially for modifications.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0

Adalah217

Quatrosss

He was so satisfied about finishing his work that he forgot about down link

JadedApprentince

Quote from: Quatrosss on December 28, 2016, 10:30:04 AM
He was so satisfied about finishing his work that he forgot about down link
True that!

Quote from: Mattx0x on December 28, 2016, 12:23:04 AM
More information on what was taken out and replaced would be useful. I have enough trouble as it is with the compatibility
Sure! Over time I'll make sure to keep anyone wanting to see changes made, or at least now what will be the differences from using the older Combat Realism.

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 28, 2016, 10:23:27 AM
Is there a download link or...?
Sorry! Reread the post and you'll understand.
Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0