Removing excess Rubble/Chunks?

Started by Beathrus, December 28, 2016, 05:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

I was just wondering what is a way to remove Chunks/Rubble other than turning it into bricks?

Edit: To clarify, I mean destroy. Not just place it into a dumping pile.

ArguedPiano

Dev Tools? Otherwise I do not think so.

What's wrong with turning them into bricks though? Even if you don't need them they are good to sell.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Beathrus

Quote from: ArguedPiano on December 28, 2016, 05:19:58 PM
Dev Tools? Otherwise I do not think so.

What's wrong with turning them into bricks though? Even if you don't need them they are good to sell.

Mainly time and I'd prefer not to use dev tools. I have a build up of a chunks and I would rather my people spend time doing other things than making unused bricks all the time.

ArguedPiano

Have any grenades? Pretty sure they can be destroyed.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Beathrus

Quote from: ArguedPiano on December 28, 2016, 05:52:52 PM
Have any grenades? Pretty sure they can be destroyed.

I do. But that takes a long long time. And only gets a few at a time. If mortars were more accurate I could use of those; but I'd have to migrate the entire dump pile.

Thyme

Why not place them just outside of your perimeter to slow down incoming raiders and make the life of sappers more difficult? *I'm thinking of several layers, needs lots of chunks
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Profugo Barbatus

Yea, Chunks make great additions to kill zones. Depending on the volume of fire your defenses put out, you can either use them to encourage a narrower lane of approach without having sappers tear it down, or just blanket the area and cripple the movement speed of everyone.

Beathrus

Quote from: Thyme on December 29, 2016, 02:26:19 AM
Why not place them just outside of your perimeter to slow down incoming raiders and make the life of sappers more difficult? *I'm thinking of several layers, needs lots of chunks

I already do that, but I still have an excess. But, the problem is sorting itself out, I just got a triple fire rocket launcher, so I should be able to manage.

Thyme

Sadly, the triple rocket launcher is a one use weapon. Best solutions are brick crafting or frag grenades then.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Beathrus

Quote from: Thyme on December 30, 2016, 03:21:27 AM
Sadly, the triple rocket launcher is a one use weapon. Best solutions are brick crafting or frag grenades then.

I know. ;o; I used it.. and it was gone. v.v