Think my Rimworld is illegal

Started by confusedwings, April 10, 2014, 02:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confusedwings

hi,

I've been playing the game for a few weeks now and now i discover i might have a big problem.
I got the game of my best friend. I asked if it was a legal game or not (I do download games but only verry old games and never online). He said that it's all ok etc etc.

But now (with the update) i realise it's a paying game and i didn't...
And to be honnest i kinda freaking out... don't know what to do now...
- Delete the game (but i like it so far)
- keep playing the (not updated) game
- buy the game (but there is totally no budget for it (divorce, son,... and i did something like that with 'minecraf' and the game changed to more 'magic' etc. witch i don't like so i it's money lost...)

Pls help and pls don't judge me... i'm so sorry

Azanor

Best thing would be to buy it.

But really you shouldn't be playing any version unless you downloaded it from the link you receive after buying the game. Otherwise the po po could get involved for piracy :O
Member of Xbox Support.

jamieg

Well firstly dont feel terrible if its an honest mistake, i think i would agree with Azanor just save up and get the game :) it really is worth it you wont be disappointed that you wasted the money i promise! but best to void the piracy po po ;)
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

confusedwings

hi,

thx for the reactions... buying the game is really not a possible option. I'm have a bank balance of -4800 euro's and i don't even have a tv connection (even sold my tv), GSM, car (also sold), because it's to much money... for now i live of the internet from next door (yes they know it)... and it's waiting until my knee is healed from a working accident. so really buying = No go for me...

I will delete the game but i would love to know how the game keeps changing...
So pls mods don't delete my account.

jamieg

Im sorry to hear about your misfortune atm but its probs best to delete for now and warn your friend that what he is doing is illegal, im sure you will not get deleted from the forums so dont worry, i wish you all the best take care
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Cala13er

It's moments like this I wish I was a billionaire, I'd get you out of your debt :(. And get some money in your back pocket.

But sorry to hear about your mis-fortune. Hope you all the best.

Xeewon

Keep playing the game that you enjoy, I do that alot. If I enjoy the game I have the intention of buying it, even if I could continue to get it for free. Don't beat yourself up a bout it :)

Zack_Wester

Well currently there is no Demo So I will excuse you on that.
So swear an Out that when you get money you will buy the game and maybe buy an second copy for your friend.
Piracy is just an Costumer that haven´t paid yet or how the Saying was from the Pirate party or who it now was.
But yes If you plan on paying and your not hogging resources from some one like the devs page. I say its Gray zone.
And whit your budget I can understand that kind of problem.
So feal an bit... But

also from what you wrote.
-delete the game: that's sort of pointless any damage is already done.
-keep playing the (not updated) game: that is what I would do if you feel really bad about it, But if your piggy backing on your friends copy even that is sort of pointless, if your friend is paying of course.
- buy the game: Buy it as soon as you can.

confusedwings

Thx all for the kind words... i have a good future ahead... just a week or 6 for healing then i will have to pay for divorce etc for about 2 years (max) and then i hope the game still will be in my memories :p

Quote from: Xeewon on April 10, 2014, 04:13:18 PM
Keep playing the game that you enjoy, I do that alot. If I enjoy the game I have the intention of buying it, even if I could continue to get it for free. Don't beat yourself up a bout it :)

I use to do that 2... i got Red alert 3 from a friend who had a illegal version... played it for a few days... went to buy the premium version... still loving it... movies the same... friends ask to come and see and when i like them i buy the DVD... love the feeling of a real DVD-case :p

Zack_Wester:
The damage may be done then but it would be pointless playing a outdated illegal version...
since it is outdated but most of all because it's illegal... i really hate my friend... I think if he was here right now i would kick him in the 'colony' with my bad knee...

-Game Deleted-

StorymasterQ

Set a reminder for yourself to buy the game in 2 years. "Self, buy RimWorld." and set it to, say, a week before your birthday in 2016. If you're lucky, RimWorld would not be Alpha and you'll get to play a most wonderful, complete game. If you're luckier, RimWorld would still be Beta, or maybe less, and you'll get to actually influence the direction of a most wonderful game.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

confusedwings

QUOTE a lot of ppl...

Thx... i'm still looking for a 'facebook'-like to click on :p

jamieg

this is funny because you have clearly admitted to piracy, and admitted you do it alot?! the people whos shit your ripping off took them time and money!! BUT i can rest my mind knowing that somewhere is this thread saved long with your i and hopefully you are ow on the popos list ;)

Somz

Quote from: jamieg on April 11, 2014, 05:24:56 AM
this is funny because you have clearly admitted to piracy, and admitted you do it alot?! the people whos shit your ripping off took them time and money!! BUT i can rest my mind knowing that somewhere is this thread saved long with your i and hopefully you are ow on the popos list ;)

There are quite a lot of pirates out there, and no, "popos" (whatever that might be) won't target pirates downloading illegal content individually, but hosts, sites, those who share them.
Also that some (quite a lot, actually) people don't get payed as good to buy games (no, I'm not talking about a new game each day/week), not to mention those who buy games because they were able to download them, liked it and decided on supporting them. Understandable even though I dislike it to a certain degree.
On that note, Funny you're against it with a profile picture of a pirate.

My advice? Decide it yourself. Wheter you feel bad enough about it to delete, or keep playing without being able to update, maybe buy it when you can. Your call.

Anyway, how can people download "verry old games and ---never online---" ?! x)
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

jamieg

My advice for the future is dont go and tell everyone! especially on the home site of the game your rippin off.... the bottom line is if Ty wanted his game to be given away for free then he wouldnt charge people.... but the truth is it costs alot of money to make a game and if people rip it off then how would we have games at all?? admittedly i agree there should be a demo for all games, but these days you can go on youtube ad watch a game review for free!

confusedwings

Quote from: Cyst on April 11, 2014, 12:54:52 PM
Quote from: jamieg on April 11, 2014, 05:24:56 AM

There are quite a lot of pirates out there, and no, "popos" (whatever that might be) won't target pirates downloading illegal content individually, but hosts, sites, those who share them.
Also that some (quite a lot, actually) people don't get payed as good to buy games (no, I'm not talking about a new game each day/week), not to mention those who buy games because they were able to download them, liked it and decided on supporting them. Understandable even though I dislike it to a certain degree.
On that note, Funny you're against it with a profile picture of a pirate.

My advice? Decide it yourself. Wheter you feel bad enough about it to delete, or keep playing without being able to update, maybe buy it when you can. Your call.

Anyway, how can people download "verry old games and ---never online---" ?! x)

I had a game when i was young called 'red alert' back in 1996... for playstation (1 but back then ther where no numbers 2... 3 or whatever). But the game doen't run anymore on playstation (disc is scratched) so i downloaded it for on my pc (playstation is also gone by now)...

Maybe you are to young to understand about 'good old times'... and remember even red alert 2 is free to download on the official site... so you see... old games... not online :p