Think my Rimworld is illegal

Started by confusedwings, April 10, 2014, 02:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confusedwings

Quote from: jamieg on April 11, 2014, 01:46:48 PM
My advice for the future is dont go and tell everyone! especially on the home site of the game your rippin off.... the bottom line is if Ty wanted his game to be given away for free then he wouldnt charge people.... but the truth is it costs alot of money to make a game and if people rip it off then how would we have games at all?? admittedly i agree there should be a demo for all games, but these days you can go on youtube ad watch a game review for free!

i know it's not the a smart thing to do/say on the forum but i wanted to be honest...
I also sended a pm to the forum 'leader' to say i'm sorry etc.
I deleted the game the evening i noticed it was illegal...

I rather be honest and get a beating, then beat up honesty...

mrofa

Dont del the game.
Make something good for the game, like make a mod ,advert the game, provide feedback, if you cant pay for it at the time atleast, try to make something that might get tynan atleast few extra coffie cups (orbital coffie cup strike included) or maybe full rent :D

All i do is clutter all around.

Xeewon

Quote from: mrofa on April 11, 2014, 02:14:53 PM
Dont del the game.
Make something good for the game, like make a mod ,advert the game, provide feedback, if you cant pay for it at the time atleast, try to make something that might get tynan atleast few extra coffie cups (orbital coffie cup strike included) or maybe full rent :D

very valid point, and in fact is what I am doing. Don't have the money to drop $30 right now but wanted to contribute something to the game till I could. so I in in the process of finishing my mod. It will be stuck on alpha 2 for a while but non the less it will be there :)

confusedwings

Quote from: mrofa on April 11, 2014, 02:14:53 PM
Dont del the game.

To late it's gone! A verry nice idea but i don't know anything about modding... so that won't work... and again... how do i mod without the game :p and no i refuse to download it on a illegal way!

Promotion for the game is what i do now on the server that i play in minecraft... got a good online friends and (i hope he wasn't lieing) 1 friend will buy the game this weekend.

But i can't and won't ask this or anything else of anybody... for a rent or whatever.

But i do love the way you think... thx for that...

BTW i'm still comming to this forum and i'm still trying to help... if i can... i've seen a mod where i was thinking about in alpha 2... elektric switches :p

mrofa

Adverting is most of the thing tynan get coffie from or rent.
If you alredy had illegal game it wont have any bad effects to the game itself at all ,especialy if you do something usefull for game.
But this is my pressumtion (hopfully thats a english word) that tynan wont have anything in mind in your case if you try to make game better, modding is not a hard thing it took me a week to learn it, since its made to be easy so just open xml files in any text editor, and advert as you said you alredy got in a friend soo its good thing.
Unless you a uber hacker and  will delete the game from all server and computers then even i would be mad (and most likly make a suicade attack on you :D )
My druk though process (im sorry for that)
Asset = a good thing.
Asset not doing anything = bad thing.
CIA style :D
All i do is clutter all around.