[MOD REQUEST] Mechanoid Construction

Started by Primal Lord, December 29, 2016, 01:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal Lord

So i've seen a few requests for things concerning mechanoids such as adding new types and one similar to my request here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18846.msg205930#msg205930, however, instead of adding new types or expanding on them in general, i was curious if anyone could make a mod where we can outright build the vanilla ones with little to no changes (maybe have to give them weapons we make, it's only a few lines of code to make their original weapons available anyway from what i see) except that they are friendly (Yellow smiley stickers optional!). Even if they're uncontrollable like pets, a scyther defense force would be nothing to scoff at lol.

arnoldboy3

This sounds like it would be a fun mod. I would feel less bad if mechs died instead of my colonists

Thyme

Does it go with the lore? Afaik, the mechanoids ultimate goal is to eradicate all organic life. Guess they're descendants of the Terminators (wouldn't take long for any sentient AI to turn onto it's creators imo), but we don't know anything about their origins. At least, I don't. However, I can imagine a visionary scientist in PrimalLords employ come up with the idea, mechanoids are built and they defend the Glitterworld just fine. For a short time that is, untill the mechanoids become self aware and start a devastating attack. Many humans die and the megacities suffer from grievous destruction. PrimalLords remaining human forces manage to drive them off planet in a pyrrhic victory. The Glitterworld C-137 got thrown back into stone age. Also, that's how PrimalLord got his name, I wonder why he's still in charge. See, it's all your fault!

For those not getting the hint: Make those mechanoids have "mental" breaks where they start to attack the colony. It needs to be taken down with pawns, because the other mechas already mess up Asimovs laws.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Cancun101

Quote from: Thyme on December 30, 2016, 04:26:47 AM
Afaik, the mechanoids ultimate goal is to eradicate all organic life.

That may be true for the mechanoids that attack your colonies, but some of the in-game backstories mention Glitterworlders having mechanoids as servants or pets. I personally think that if mechanoid AI cores were added to the game, one required per bot, "stable" cores that are only purchasable from traders could make obedient, controllable mechanoids. Maybe you could add a surgery to remove cores from downed mechs akin to how scyther blades are removed, and these "unstable" cores have the possibility to go rogue. Just some food for thought.

Thyme

The AI core that is already in the game goes from hostile to "I'll guide your ship." when you throw 800 metal at it. This has to be accounted for then.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak