[A16] Vanilla Armory Plus v0.5.0

Started by Primal Lord, December 29, 2016, 07:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal Lord

Hi everyone, this will be my first mod release, it's nothing fancy, just simple xml changes for vanilla RimWorld to see if i'm up for more in the future :).

This mod is called Vanilla Armory Plus, and like the name sais, it's purpose is to expand vanilla RimWorlds armory, by unlocking production options at the machining table for:

Frag grenades, Molotov cocktails, and Emp grenades
The Triple rocket launcher and Doomsday rocket launcher
The Charge lance, Inferno cannon, and Heavy charge blaster (Mechanoid weapons)
Personal shields and last but not least...
The ever elusive psychic foil helmet (of power!)

The current (v0.5.0) edition lacks any resource cost at the moment, and everything but the mechanoid weapons only requires 1 unit of work, mechanoid weapons require 10,000 at the moment. (Based off minigun)

To be added:
realistic but fair resource requirements
work effort that makes every item worth the time spent making it
appropriate research requirements for each item (if needed)

Download can be gotten here: https://github.com/PrimalLord/VanillaArmoryPlus

Note:
The purpose of this mod is not a full balancing mod, nor will any weapons already available to be created be modified in any way.
The main purpose of this mod is just to get a start into modding. (if i take a liking to it)
This is not a professional work and may not be completed, while i got this mod working on my end it may not work as intended for you, at the moment it will cause yellow errors due to not having costlists, but it shouldn't cause red errors.

Please leave all thoughts, concerns,  and feedback below, and while likely someone else has done this same thing already i have no knowledge of it.

There will be no steam release unless someone else puts it on there. May cause compatibility errors with any mods that effect vanilla weapons and armor.

Primal Lord

Bugfix released, there shouldn't be anymore errors caused by this mod, also removed xml items not important to this mod for improved compatibility (hopefully), all unlocked items now cost 1 steel until i find that sweet spot that every weapon is worth, may also add unlockers for grow-able items such as cacti, grass, and bushes in the future.

dethbeginsagain

I love this idea. However you might want to consider working on re-balancing some of the codes, when i play with the items in-game, i noticed that the grenades have lots of friendly fire, their is no safe tossing zone for grenades since if they blow up doors their usually right there. stuff like that, however if you don't wish to that's fine, also once again amazing mod! would love to see you do more!

Primal Lord

Thanks for using my mod and your feedback :), unfortunately all weapons in rimworld have friendly fire :(, grenades are just more noticeable due to their wider area of effect after a delay that lets your pawns get closer to it, and would require more than just a few lines of code to fix. If there's not already a friendly fire mod made by a more experienced modder here on the forums maybe I'll look into making one after i get more experience under my belt :). I'm currently getting a new mod together that will be released as a complete version that will unlock all vanilla plant life for growing, along with the ability to grow glitterworld medicine due to the broken surgery rates in game, and shortly after i'll hopefully have a new update for VAP :).