[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxButt

If I download this, can I play it in an already made world?

Akrakorn

Does this affect the world map? If one "hex" map gets infected by Tiberium, will the adjacent hexes eventually also get infected?

Profugo Barbatus

It should be safe to load into an existing save. Its recommended to always make a save beforehand, just in case, but it shouldn't conflict with anything that I know of.

As for spread, at this time, it doesn't affect world map hexes, so adjacent cells will be safe, at least, until new Tiberium is deposited.

Ramsis

If I could favorite a thread with my GODLY ADMIN POWERS I so would; I've been chatting up Profugo and boy howdy this thread brings me a whooooole lot of joy. I love Tiberium everything, I love all things GDI/NOD, just really jumping up and down excited for this mod.

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Telefonmast

Quote from: Ramsis on December 29, 2016, 03:10:14 PM
If I could favorite a thread with my GODLY ADMIN POWERS I so would; I've been chatting up Profugo and boy howdy this thread brings me a whooooole lot of joy. I love Tiberium everything, I love all things GDI/NOD, just really jumping up and down excited for this mod.

Well damn. I'm so glad you enjoy this!
I also love the whole Tiberium thing - that's the reason I started this mod project.
I see so few Tiberium related mods for other games than Command & Conquer, and I absolutely love RimWorld, so I just had to give it a go.
That's how TiberiumRim was born.

Hopefully 2.0 will bring you even more joy with the factions we plan to add!
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Elixiar

This looks INSANE.

First chance I get I am installing this.

A few little suggestions: have some kind of mini electric effect on the crystals. (Very rate big looks cool when there is many crystals)

Have it spread on the globe. (If that's even possible)
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

drakulux

Hey great mod and will be eventually trying it out. I like the idea that pawns at least on the colonist bar have things like crystal sticking out of their head/body to show infection. There is a mod that hides hats in the colonist bar and could be good inspiration for maybe doing some alpha textures that just replaces hats on the colonist bar with an infected "head" look. If hats could be isolated then possibly clothing layers as well so instead you could create a texture layer to overlay over the clothing like the arm is infected. Just throwing anything that may help spark an idea.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Elixiar on December 29, 2016, 03:59:37 PM
A few little suggestions: have some kind of mini electric effect on the crystals. (Very rate big looks cool when there is many crystals)

Have it spread on the globe. (If that's even possible)

Thank you for the feedback!
Those suggestions are nice, probably gonna add that, though "electric effect" doesn't fit to Tiberium, maybe some fog-like effect which I thought about might be an idea instead.
And global spread is a good idea as well, maybe it could add a total annihilation to a planet by a special event. But that might be overkill. Thanks for the suggestions, but we would rather prefer it when you would post those on our GitHub as we have a better overview of the ideas there!

Quote from: drakulux on December 29, 2016, 04:19:49 PM
I like the idea that pawns at least on the colonist bar have things like crystal sticking out of their head/body to show infection.

Thank you aswell! That would be a nice detail, to know exactly what pawn is infected.
Might be added.
- My mod project

Lerin

Hey
First look - amazing.
My suggestion:
Super rare type of tiberium was harvested and planted in my special room - but it grown uber slow, ans how to obtain this special rare mineral ? - way is easy and little gore and brutal.. Close our prisoners in same room, let them let sick until they wont dead and bodies will be transformed into nice tiberium crystal.

Working only with humanoidal dna - animals shouldnt be killed in this way

Napple

jag648

Lerin

In my modded game i use prisoners too:
-converting to fertilizer
-regulary hurting and training medicine
-sacrifacing in name of false gods (COT)
-cattle for my canibals

So why not new shiny sword from converted body =)

Telefonmast

- My mod project

Profugo Barbatus

Hotfix for Refinery conflict now live - Save friendly, go ahead and redownload. Apologies gents, but at least it wasn't anything save breaking.

Quote from: Napple on December 29, 2016, 04:45:45 PM
Will there be Tiberium mutants.
There's already plans for Visceroids and potentially Tiberium Hounds. The forgotten, no solid plans as of yet.