[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

Quote from: Goo Poni on January 15, 2017, 04:52:21 AM
Out of curiosity, is it planned for all  tiberium to start off as the green Tiberium Riparius and then slowly over time mature into Tiberium Aboreus  (blue type) and then to the final unnamed red crystals?

I have thought about such a feature, but not for all Tiberium types.
Though it sounds interesting to put it like that.
So just wait and see~

Also Aboreus is very similar to green tiberium ;P Vinifera is the blue type.
And I went a bit further and thought of calling the red type "Rutila" from latin 'rutilant' meaning "glowing red".
Not sure what others think of that though.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

YoruOokami

Damn, This sounds awesome! cant wait to use this, definitely installing for my next playthrough. Tiberium sun/C&C 3 were one half of the games I played in my childhood, so keep up the great work, Looking forward to seeing this done :)

Goo Poni

My bad, I had even gone and paid a visit to the wiki cos I vaguely remembered Tiberium having different mouse over tool tips back in TibSun and I couldn't remember the names. Literally tabbed from the wiki to my post and in that time, got the name of the blue stuff wrong. :l

Had just remembered that green eventually turns blue and then reforms into the huge blue crystals which act like blossom trees so I thought I'd ask on it.

Prismaa

I only recently discovered this mod, can't wait for next release, I take it there is no ETA for it yet?

SigmaPrometheus

There will be a damn event with the ... vein hole?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Prismaa on January 15, 2017, 02:35:06 PM
I only recently discovered this mod, can't wait for next release, I take it there is no ETA for it yet?

1.2 should come as soon as possible.
Sadly it seems to take more time than expected.
Hopefully it releases within the next few days.

Quote from: SigmaPrometheus on January 15, 2017, 03:45:25 PM
There will be a damn event with the ... vein hole?

Maybe ;>
- My mod project

Birdy

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Birdy on January 17, 2017, 01:59:04 PM
Is there any way we can help? :D

Haha, unless you wanna help me with my schoolwork, not quite. Progress is still going, just might take a bit longer than anticipated.

creeper857

Wow the rimworld modding scene starts to get more and more great mods
First i have seen combat realism, then that mars colony mod and now a mod inspired by one of the greatest RTS games ever.

Also a quick question:
What command and conquer game does red tiberium come from?

YoruOokami

Quote from: creeper857 on January 18, 2017, 05:30:44 PM
Also a quick question:
What command and conquer game does red tiberium come from?

Fairly sure its visible in Tiberian sun in one of the (nod?) missions, Cabal's base has a field of it in Firestorm and in C&C4 I'm pretty sure you can see a few shards in the floating sonic rings.

Azzarrel

so just to be clear ... once one of my pawn got an tiberium infection i eihter have to remove the infected body part or he will die in several hours ?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 20, 2017, 07:41:23 AM
so just to be clear ... once one of my pawn got an tiberium infection i eihter have to remove the infected body part or he will die in several hours ?

Basically. Yes.
- My mod project

Canute

Just bad when the infection is in the brain,heart or liver.

I think you should add a cure as one of the last researches.

And after i finaly got 10 uranium to craft the research table, 90% of the map is green.
Thats why i think the last research should be a possible cure to stop the tiberium grow.
Maybe some kind of soil contain anti-tiberium toxic to place as floor.
Crafted from "bag of dirt" (Veg. garden) + Neutoanime.

This mod is the horror for hospitality, no caravan or visitors made it out of the map.
Not sure if this is possible, but the mod should force visitors to wear tiberium prot. stuff.

Xentor

You can stop tiberium by use of Climadevices. (It grows not in Sub 0 Temperature)

TerrorThomasCao

Why does no one just build a wall around the source of Tiberium? I have a few tiberium farms by using walls and airlocks to get in Farm and get out. AND if there is an outbreak, a restrict all my colonists to the area and put plant cutting as priority one, the worse tiberium  infection I've gotten is a middle toe and a muffalo's heart so he dead.