[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

New Update:
Tiberium spreads across world tiles now.
Currently unstoppable but rather slow, infested tiles become Tiberium biomes.

Be sure to check out the Factions.

Downloads:

Report bugs asap!

Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Madman666

That should definitely be optional. It sounds cool, but... well. There is just too little and too ineffective means of cleaning the land after it (I am looking at you, slow decrystallizing "pump" that only gives 80% fertility back).

Telefonmast

Quote from: Madman666 on September 19, 2017, 02:49:39 PM
That should definitely be optional. It sounds cool, but... well. There is just too little and too ineffective means of cleaning the land after it (I am looking at you, slow decrystallizing "pump" that only gives 80% fertility back).

Well it is not as bad as it sounds, besides it is a necessary feature for the future, and you will be able to control it with the TCN.
- My mod project

Madman666

Quote from: Telefonmast on September 19, 2017, 05:54:55 PM
Well it is not as bad as it sounds, besides it is a necessary feature for the future, and you will be able to control it with the TCN.

Whats a TCN? A new Tiberium cleaning tool or something?
And yeah, I know it isn't critical, since most people don't even migrate that often, not to mention the spread is slow as you said. But it still quite alarming. Current ways of reclaiming terrain from tiberium infestations are lacking. Tiberium itself ways easier to deal with, than soil it leaves behind... I hate the moisture pump mechanics and decrystallizer follows it with near perfection (AOE grow time is a bit faster but compared to growth speed of green tiberium its awful, not to mention the need of laying conduits everywhere).

I like the idea itself by the way. Thats how tiberium should be - a world class calamity, capable of recking a whole planet given enough time. And now that we can actually rob both factions of their techs managing tiberium is even more doable (nod's anti-tiberium infused walls are awesome). What I'd like to have is some way to actually efficiently fight the consequences of getting tiberium on your map. As right now you don't even need suits if all you want is to get rid of tiberium - it'll just take a lot of time to micromanage harvesting and destroy the producer. On the other hand to remove say a huge vein-soil stain from your beautiful map, you need a lot of conduits, power and crapton of time, during which raiders might reck decrystallizers or a new producer will spawn on other side of the map... Its kind of stupid, to actually care about some soil stain if you don't even plan on having fields on it, but I always try to somewhat maintain my map's condition to a degree. Its just a bit of selfishness on my part, so don't think much of it. But if you do plan on adding new ways of reclaiming soil, I'll be happy to know that :)

Telefonmast

TCN = Tiberium Control Network
It will basically be an inhibitor/decrystallizer for world tiles, so br prepared to get your caravans ready and construct them all over the world.

Soil reclamation has been a very low priority for me, as other features need to be worked on instead of such rather simple issues.
There are many things that come to my mind now, but all mostly take time.
The decrystallizer is quite an OP thing afterall, it makes all infested terrain usable again, and basically converts previously unfertile fields to be fertile so i don't know.
I dont like instantaneous processes, the sonic inhibitors also kindof bore me, and I'll likely rework them to have impulses and not constant inhibition.

Anyway, work is not done, old features are always improved and worked on.
- My mod project

Madman666

Wow, so you'll be basically constructing special buildings on the planet map? Cool)

Nanobytez

Is there a way to regen my map? Not my tile but the other tiles on the globe? I noticed when I started a new game to experiment, there were NOD/GDI tiles that I'd love to raid.

Canute

You are sure you had the faction mod activated ?
This mod don't give these faction, that is another mod.

Nanobytez

Oops dang. I had both tabs open and thought this was the FACTIONS mod. Derp. Issue still stands. Is there a way to regen the globe?

Encrtia

Wow, mod's become quite a bit more amazing than its initial release with an overflow of Tiberium that can't be tamed! Like, this is what I used to do in Tiberian Sun with my base - pretend it was a little city & roleplay it, but now it's a reality. Jesus this is my childhood haha Great mod

Anyway, a few queries if I may.

1) Soil reclamation. I just saw your post on it being a low priority, so decided to give a vote of "I'd want to see that one as well". It's technically not a big issue, but when a veinhole or other appears in your architecturally sound farm, it really messes it up.
2) Could be a mod conflict, but all GDI/Nod Caravans spawn with default gear. I assumed the mod was unfinished, but when I entered their base - they were all armed up with Faction gear - was pretty epic.
3) Obelisk of light roof hacks. I assume you made it so that it can shoot anything within range to make it fire over walls - but it has a tendency to execute prisoner's that throw a fit... through the roof...
4) The MAIN reason I wanted to post- quick query; will there be an repercussions to "Debug Researching" the GDI tree after already finishing the Nod tree? I've always. since C&C 1, engineered the enemy construction yards to build their stuff, but was surprised I couldn't build both side's stuff here :( So will just "cheat" if it doesn't cause any conflicts.
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

RequiemFang

Quote from: Encrtia on September 26, 2017, 06:01:41 AM

4) The MAIN reason I wanted to post- quick query; will there be an repercussions to "Debug Researching" the GDI tree after already finishing the Nod tree? I've always. since C&C 1, engineered the enemy construction yards to build their stuff, but was surprised I couldn't build both side's stuff here :( So will just "cheat" if it doesn't cause any conflicts.

No need to cheat that, the mod had an option added that you could choose in the mod option settings to have both factions unlocked.

Encrtia

Quote from: RequiemFang on September 26, 2017, 09:18:03 AM

No need to cheat that, the mod had an option added that you could choose in the mod option settings to have both factions unlocked.

Thanks Requiem! Unfortunately, I can't see it. The section in "Mod Settings" only shows the attached. Where am I supposed to be looking?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Telefonmast

1) Soil reclamation. I just saw your post on it being a low priority, so decided to give a vote of "I'd want to see that one as well". It's technically not a big issue, but when a veinhole or other appears in your architecturally sound farm, it really messes it up.
Already exists but only for GDI.

2) Could be a mod conflict, but all GDI/Nod Caravans spawn with default gear. I assumed the mod was unfinished, but when I entered their base - they were all armed up with Faction gear - was pretty epic.
Depends on climate, they are not forced to have their armor at all times.

3) Obelisk of light roof hacks. I assume you made it so that it can shoot anything within range to make it fire over walls - but it has a tendency to execute prisoner's that throw a fit... through the roof...
Welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can do that right here:
https://i.imgur.com/2DaEKXQ.png
- My mod project

Encrtia

Oh I see - I downloaded 1.2.3 the day before you released 1.2.4. What rotten luck haha, thanks

Canute

Just a little request.
I use Expanded Storage mod, and since you put all the tiberium stuff in an extra category, none of them can be stored at these.

It would be nice if you could place them in the profer subcategorys.

Edit:
To start the tiberium research, you need the tiberium research bench.
But for these bench you need uranium, but mosttimes uranium is hard to get.
I notice this ship crash, when i deconstructed it i got components and plasteel. Maybe you should add the nessesary uranium to the ship too ?