[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getfreur

I have not understood your first question, yes and for me the best way if you don't want a glorious map with viceroids and brilliant crystal that almost remember pandora from avatar, you can take tiberium  chunks and abandom your colony to make another without tiberium influence, you put the chunks somewhere and use sonic fences around and there you have a controlled tiberium field.

Telefonmast

Tiberium spreads indefinitely, but there is an option (in the mod options menu) to make it spread in a set radius around a field.

Yes, tiberium terrain is reversable, there is a "Decrystallizer" for the GDI in the factions addon which does the job.

To control fields use inhibiting structures, my favorite is the sonic fence only available to the GDI.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Imca

I think I will enable that option until I can manage to get the control tech down because I would rather remain a yellow zone then a green zone, thanks for the help :)

getfreur

make some of those tiberium creatures eat the tiberium planst and grass, it a little strange that they only eat meat and none eat all that flora.

SpaceDorf

thats a cool idea,  but those should be nearly untameable, else tiberium becomes to easily controlled by just setting a grazing area around the field.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

getfreur

you have not understand, not the tiberium crystals but the other things like grass, mushroons even tress.

Madman666

Now that you mention it - it could be real nice to have some animals actually eat some tiberium\plants\grass. I however disagree about tame difficulty thing. You can't control tiberium with grazing areas anyway, unless you have damn hordes of those tiberium consumers. I assume you've played with the mod and seen how damn fast it spreads once you just let it out of your sight (not blue or red of course, but green tiberium and mosses - they just consume smaller-medium sized maps!). So I'd if there will be some tiberium consuming animals, they should be medium difficulty, no harder than say wolves.

Oh and colonists should probably use tiberium as taming tool, not regular meat.

kubolek01

Quote from: Madman666 on November 30, 2017, 01:01:08 PM
Now that you mention it - it could be real nice to have some animals actually eat some tiberium\plants\grass. I however disagree about tame difficulty thing. You can't control tiberium with grazing areas anyway, unless you have damn hordes of those tiberium consumers. I assume you've played with the mod and seen how damn fast it spreads once you just let it out of your sight (not blue or red of course, but green tiberium and mosses - they just consume smaller-medium sized maps!). So I'd if there will be some tiberium consuming animals, they should be medium difficulty, no harder than say wolves.

Oh and colonists should probably use tiberium as taming tool, not regular meat.
Dumb Muffalos do so already :P had to restrict all my tib pots to avoid it.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Imca

Will tiberium eat natural rock walls like it does man made ones? Or can I throw it in a cave some where to control it until I get the right tech?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Imca on December 04, 2017, 07:05:27 AM
Will tiberium eat natural rock walls like it does man made ones? Or can I throw it in a cave some where to control it until I get the right tech?

It will slowly damage natural walls but has a chance to corrupt them instead, so it will never dig through a whole mountain.
- My mod project

getfreur

So i have found a bug, because in my saves the tiberium destroy entire mountain areas, because of that i stopped making colonys in mountains and now i make in plane areas and rus Sonic research.

Sliderpro

Hello. I d like to ask - is there a way to destroy monoliths?
For some weird reason I tried to contain blue field with fences and that field got surrounded by a bunch of blue monoliths... which are kind of annoying.

I know I can pummel them with mortairs, but it takes long time and I cant pummel them if they are close to me.
Thanks in advance!

By the way I have a suggestion. For tribes you can make 3rd variant to GDI and NOD - Mutants!

2) For some reason there is a bug with tiberium sonic ingibitors - I had fences and tall ingibitor in one place, I removed the ingibitor and suddenly fences show same radius as if ingibitor was still there. Plus fences stopped working. Placed ingibitor back - it takes power but doesnt work. But it shows that blue radius aura like if it was working. Weird. Now I cant stop tiberium and have like 10 monoliths in the middle of the base =|  Basically tiberium evolved and it is no longer destroyed by sonic..

Never fking mind. It fixed itself after I exited the game.

kubolek01

Quote from: Sliderpro on December 07, 2017, 05:25:49 AM
Hello. I d like to ask - is there a way to destroy monoliths?
For some weird reason I tried to contain blue field with fences and that field got surrounded by a bunch of blue monoliths... which are kind of annoying.

I know I can pummel them with mortairs, but it takes long time and I cant pummel them if they are close to me.
Thanks in advance!

By the way I have a suggestion. For tribes you can make 3rd variant to GDI and NOD - Mutants!

2) For some reason there is a bug with tiberium sonic ingibitors - I had fences and tall ingibitor in one place, I removed the ingibitor and suddenly fences show same radius as if ingibitor was still there. Plus fences stopped working. Placed ingibitor back - it takes power but doesnt work. But it shows that blue radius aura like if it was working. Weird. Now I cant stop tiberium and have like 10 monoliths in the middle of the base =|  Basically tiberium evolved and it is no longer destroyed by sonic..
Doom Chainsaws do the trick. As well as normal bullet hella thing.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Sliderpro

Another suggestion is to remake fences. I don't like them currently because I fell that large tiberium fields lag a lot and each fence has to check around for tiberium and that probably adds to lag and suffering of my 3ghz dual core laptop when I try to contain many fields at once.
So what I suggest - instead of checking around every tick, best anti-lag way would be something like this: on the moment of placement, fence spawns invisible layer on top of the earth around which is impregnable to tiberium growth. This system would be passive, until the moment of removal of the fence, which will trigger the check to delete that layer. I think this is great idea to reduce lag.

And I like existing way too, but current fences\ingibitors seem to bug out in my 20+ mods modpack and stop working randomly =(

Telefonmast

The fences do not check for Tiberium each tick.
It actually just creates a "protected area" and kills tib in that area on spawn of the fence and removes it on despawn, similar to what you described.
So there is no lag coming from those,

This mod itself should be compatible with every other mod, not sure why others should affect inhibitors at all.
- My mod project