[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanao-kun

I haven't experimented too much with this mod yet, but is there any way to prevent green tiberium from strangling the blue tiberium fields besides blocking the blue from the green before it gets too close?

BlackSmokeDMax

Posting to keep an eye as this progresses. Very impressive thus far!

Helixien

I just want to say I had an amazing time with this so far :D  First time my colony actually died again in a long time!

Little thing however, if you guys plan to add factions etc, please make them modular ala Call of Cthulhu so we can choose what we want in our game. Would be helpful for people like me who really just want the Tiberium but nothing else really. Just something I would like you guys to consider!

Other than that, looking forward to what 1.1 brings, looks amazing! :3

PiggyBacon

For some reason I can't find the research bench for the tiberium. I can build it if I activate godmode but I can't find the research tab for it. Everything else is there just not the bench.

Telefonmast

Quote from: PiggyBacon on January 03, 2017, 04:33:15 AM
For some reason I can't find the research bench for the tiberium. I can build it if I activate godmode but I can't find the research tab for it.

You need the Micro-Electronics reaearch.

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on January 03, 2017, 03:18:25 AM
I just want to say I had an amazing time with this so far :D  First time my colony actually died again in a long time!

Little thing however, if you guys plan to add factions etc, please make them modular ala Call of Cthulhu so we can choose what we want in our game.

Great that you enjoy this mod!
And that's something I personally considered, but, with 2.0, Tiberium changes, and it will need the factions' buildings to be controllable.
The whole thing builds upon previous additions.
And everything can change with every new thing we add.
So modular modding might not be a possibility here.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on January 03, 2017, 01:05:58 AM
I haven't experimented too much with this mod yet, but is there any way to prevent green tiberium from strangling the blue tiberium fields besides blocking the blue from the green before it gets too close?

Nope, you gotta seperate those manually so far.

Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Helixien

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 03, 2017, 06:30:41 AM
And that's something I personally considered, but, with 2.0, Tiberium changes, and it will need the factions' buildings to be controllable.
The whole thing builds upon previous additions.
And everything can change with every new thing we add.
So modular modding might not be a possibility here.

Damn, seems like I wont use this mod for long. You see, and I am just giving you my opinion here, I dont like it when mods try to add to much in one package. The idea of Tiberium? GREAT! The suit? Yes, needed! Research stations? Yes, as long as the textures are vanilla like.

But than there comes factions (like I dont have enough on my planet already) etc, etc, etc. and I dont want to much added from another game. Now I know a lot of people will like it and I am not saying you shouldnt make it the way you want, but there are sure also people like me who like to add something from another game, without actually adding everything from another game (if that makes sense?)

So, what I would ask you then is to maybe make a core for your mod with the minimum of content or make a seperat, basic version just with Tiberium and thats it. I know I may sound entitled, but so often mods.

Also, I noticed that everyone (raid, wanderer, visitors) spawn with a protection suit after the first tiberium appears. You should change that since I dont think everyone on a Rimworld instantly has these suits. Just my 5 cents^^

Profugo Barbatus

TiberiumRim 1.1 Update!

Patch Notes:

• Myriad of New Textures: Lots of stuff has gotten an art pass, and your fields of glowing death should be just a touch nicer to look at now.
  • Emergency Containment Protocol: Tiberium spawning entities (Craters, Monoliths, etc) are now extremely tough, but can be killed. Fight back!
  • Tiberium Evolution: The Crystals have become just a little more durable, and are now immune to natural Blight events. Gonna have to rely on your pawns to keep it under control now.
  • Suit Up: Tiberium protection suits should be less common among people now.

Just download the update from the main post. Should be save game friendly

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on January 03, 2017, 07:04:35 AM
Damn, seems like I wont use this mod for long. You see, and I am just giving you my opinion here, I dont like it when mods try to add to much in one package. The idea of Tiberium? GREAT! The suit? Yes, needed! Research stations? Yes, as long as the textures are vanilla like.

But than there comes factions (like I dont have enough on my planet already) etc, etc, etc. and I dont want to much added from another game. Now I know a lot of people will like it and I am not saying you shouldnt make it the way you want, but there are sure also people like me who like to add something from another game, without actually adding everything from another game (if that makes sense?)

So, what I would ask you then is to maybe make a core for your mod with the minimum of content or make a seperat, basic version just with Tiberium and thats it. I know I may sound entitled, but so often mods.

Don't worry, 2.0 is more of an internal number we've had. The plan is that you can run just the Crystals without the Faction pack. We've already set a plan into motion in regards to making that feasible, so far as managing difficulty. I think you'll like what I've got in the works for it.

faltonico

I messed around with the mod in god mode, and i didn't find a way to craft the protection suit... ¿is that on purpose or i'm already blind and didn't notice where it was?

Telefonmast

Quote from: faltonico on January 03, 2017, 03:11:37 PM
I messed around with the mod in god mode, and i didn't find a way to craft the protection suit... ¿is that on purpose or i'm already blind and didn't notice where it was?

You make it at the Tailoring Bench :P
- My mod project

Encrtia

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on January 02, 2017, 11:26:31 AM
Quote from: Encrtia on January 02, 2017, 11:11:35 AM
Crack. Guess a new game it is. Ta

Don't trash that save just yet. You might have convinced me. I think I was looking too far ahead, not considering what might be fun right this second.

Oh darn...I just read that...

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on January 03, 2017, 01:22:56 PM
TiberiumRim 1.1 Update!

Patch Notes:

• Myriad of New Textures: Lots of stuff has gotten an art pass, and your fields of glowing death should be just a touch nicer to look at now.
  • Emergency Containment Protocol: Tiberium spawning entities (Craters, Monoliths, etc) are now extremely tough, but can be killed. Fight back!
  • Tiberium Evolution: The Crystals have become just a little more durable, and are now immune to natural Blight events. Gonna have to rely on your pawns to keep it under control now.
  • Suit Up: Tiberium protection suits should be less common among people now.

Just download the update from the main post. Should be save game friendly

Oh mega darn... baahahhhrarharh.

Well, looks like I'm back in :P A new save, sadly, but worth it. Can't wait for anything else you add to this mod! How you decide to control Tiberium in the future, I'm very curious about now! "it will need the factions' buildings to be controllable."
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

Nanao-kun

What kinds of containment measures are you planning Telefonmast? I think a placeable object that prevents tiberium growth within a certain radius would be pretty useful. I've seen tiberium occasionally sneak past doors as pawns move through them.

faltonico

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 03, 2017, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: faltonico on January 03, 2017, 03:11:37 PM

You make it at the Tailoring Bench :P
Well, i hadn't noticed i was blind xD
Thanks for your reply!

Telefonmast

So we have got some more art for 2.0 .-
Here is a little sneak peek:
- My mod project

Nanao-kun

Liquid Tiberium refineries and Liquid Tiberium Power Plants?