[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initializing...-
Loading...--
Gathering data...---

//>Transmission Begin<\\
Welcome back Commander.

We have information about Tiberium spreading through space.
Humanity was fighting with the strange substance for centuries on the long-forgotten planet earth.
Apparently the Scrin have started an invasive mission on using new planets to harvest their so called "Ichor" – and this Rimworld is in high risk of being the next target – so be prepared.

A Tiberium transport vessel has been shattered in space, spreading Tiberium rocks in all directions.
Observations prove the risk of infestation on this planet.

Your current objectives:
Get control over a colony and keep it alive.-
Protect it from any Tiberium dangers.-
If present - isolate any Tiberium occurrence ASAP.-
Learn about the strange substance.-
Use it to your advantage.-

Save this Rimworld and get the mineral under control.
We are counting on you.
//>Transmission End<\\

TiberiumRim
Hello and welcome to Tiberium Rim – A Command & Conquer mod for RimWorld.
This mod's focus is to add the whole of the Tiberium universe into RimWorld.
This mod is going to be the Tiberium "core" part, Factions and Scrin will be a seperate mod for player customization.

Description:
The table of contents can be found here!

TiberiumRim is a mod which adds the infamous Tiberium from Command & Conquer to your RimWorld!
This mod is - supposed to be - under constant development to add all of those lovely nice features that the C&C lore has to offer.
So far we got some basics down and it will be only reworked and improved from here on.

I hope you enjoy and be sure to report bugs asap!

Available languages:
-English
-German
-Korean

Author/Mod Team
Telefonmast(Author, XML coding, Artist)
Nephlite(New Artist)
Nephlite does amazing art, welcome to the team!

Be sure to check our wiki if you need more information about the mod!
If you get any ideas visit our suggestion page!

Download

Support us and our work!

Join the Discord!

How to install:
- Install HugsLib from either Steam or the forums.
- Download TiberiumRim on steam or from this forum/Moddb.
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- As simple as that.

Get the new Factions addon here!
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

jag648

Telefonmast

Quote from: jag648 on December 29, 2016, 11:21:49 AM
Does it require a new save?

No need to worry about any losses.
But please report back if any issues are found.
- My mod project

Zakhad

Does it come with hellmarch? - This looks pretty badass dude, welldone! congratz on the mod release.

Helixien

DAMN! Thats amazing! I just bought C&C 3 on Steam and now this? Great work!

Telefonmast

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on December 29, 2016, 11:31:03 AM
DAMN! Thats amazing! I just bought C&C 3 on Steam and now this? Great work!

How convenient! Hope you enjoy C&C 3, it's a great game!
This mod is pretty much oriented to that game.
- My mod project

eisvogel88

nice mod !!!!  :) :) :)

Helixien

Maybe, you should add like a new pawn texture for when people get infected? Would be pretty cool! Also, does it damage walls and doors?

Telefonmast

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on December 29, 2016, 11:52:06 AM
Maybe, you should add like a new pawn texture for when people get infected? Would be pretty cool! Also, does it damage walls and doors?

That might be tricky to do, and no, it doesn't do anything to solid objects. It only kills plants to spread.
- My mod project

Telefonmast

Quote from: Mattx0x on December 29, 2016, 12:10:38 PM
I have a few things i'd like to see though like the crystals don't cover the entire map but instead 75% and when 4 are next to one another in a square their sprite changes to reflect a larger crystal. Otherwise nice work!

Crystals being so aggressive is part of the mod, it adds to the danger and need to control it asap.
Sprites could get updated until 2.0, gonna look into that!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Future suggestions can be applied here aswell.
- My mod project

faltonico

This is what Rimworld is lacking, some real bad outherwordly events, not just constant trolling to make the game "harder".
Congratulations on the release!

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Mattx0x on December 29, 2016, 12:10:38 PM
I saw this pop up on Github a few days ago along with Revamped, both ambitious projects, it's good to see them getting posted here showing good progress. I want to try, and this at least contains itself from not being a complete overhaul.

This was intentional. So far I've coded everything with consideration in part towards mod compatibility. I've no intention to make Tiberium Rim a one-stop shop of everything you'll ever need from a mod. Its got a goal, and the idea is to let it play alongside any other mods you have, to allow you to craft your own experience, as rimworld modding should be :P

Quote from: Zakhad on December 29, 2016, 11:28:50 AM
Does it come with hellmarch?

Hey, if the guy who does the music mod's interested, I'd be down for it. Dunno if it's got the same... Tone, as the rest of the rimworld soundtrack though :P

Quote from: faltonico on December 29, 2016, 12:28:13 PM
This is what Rimworld is lacking, some real bad outherwordly events, not just constant trolling to make the game "harder".
Congratulations on the release!

Thanks! Tiberium events *can* absolutely decimate a map, but only if you let them. They'll spread until you stop them, and the more there is across the map, the more you can take to use for your own needs. Its a dangerous resource solution, is what it is :P.

poolday

Wow man you brought me so many good memories!! Thanks for the mod I'm downloading it now!

Telefonmast

Quote from: Mattx0x on December 29, 2016, 12:39:56 PM
My concerns with the spread were based on the notion that in a game where too many mods are running and/or your pawns are too busy to deal with it could lead to it being too hard.

This of course can make it harder for players, but honestly, they installed that amount of mods to begin with so it is not our job to adjust our mod to such possibilities. Not wanting to sound careless, but in the end, Tiberium is supposed to be dangerous, and there is ways to treat it and take care of it. - Making Tiberium less dangerous is not the aim. 
Besides.
This release just started, so we will see what feedback we get, if there is any balance issues and what we could change.
So far there is no real evidence of Tiberium being a pain in the ass that ruins gameplay.
- My mod project