[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsoandanswer

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Telefonmast

Quote from: nephlite on December 30, 2016, 03:31:26 AM
Obelisk sample work is over.
If you like my art style and need help, please contact me by e-mail.

Well holy damn, compared to that my samples are shit!
I will surely consider contacting you.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Telefonmast

Quote from: Lerin on December 30, 2016, 02:24:03 AM
Every pawn who arrive on my map, wear a protection suit.
I'm sorry about, but it is because of the commonality we have set, and since RimWorld has so few outfits to choose from it picks the protection suit quite commonly - So in a way it is meant to be like that. But also it would need a fix in the next few updates.
- My mod project

Thyme

I like how this release got 4 pages of replies yet. Speaks for the C&C community. Also, the Obelisk samples are amazing! Definitly will try this mod out after I update to A16.

Minor suggestion: Can you make the crystals contain more than one resource? So that the majority of green is steel with little plasteel, blue mainly plasteel with some steel and maybe gold inlays, red being gold and uranium. So the composition shifts among the colors instead of one color per resource. Extra points if you give the actual resource output a random element.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Telefonmast

Quote from: Thyme on December 30, 2016, 05:27:32 AM
Can you make the crystals contain more than one resource?

That was actually the original idea I had, but we changed it again due to it being too many items at once. But I will see about that.
- My mod project

Snownova

Telefonmast

Quote from: Snownova on December 30, 2016, 05:57:35 AM
Will this mod be uploaded on steam?

No - but this is for the players, we don't want you to lose your saves once we make a save-unfriendly updat. In steam you don't get warned when a mod gets updated, so if it messes with saves, it will mess with your saves without you knowing. We want to prevent that - Maybe it will be uploaded there once no major updates are done.
We hope you can understand our concern.
- My mod project

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: nephlite on December 30, 2016, 07:34:38 AM
I think, this mod need endcontents for control or destroy device for all of Tiberium center objects.
(blossom, shard, anyway)

Control equipment is planned, don't you worry.

Elixiar

Refine liquid Tiberium into grenades and mortars?
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Telefonmast

Quote from: Elixiar on December 30, 2016, 08:11:23 AM
Refine liquid Tiberium into grenades and mortars?
Weapons and buildings (liquid Tiberium system) are planned for the 2.0 factions update.
- My mod project

Darkfirephoenix

Maybe some way to prevent the Tiberium from creeping up to your base/require constant monitoring?
How about "Sonic towers" that prevent spread of Tiberium in a area/destroy Tiberium "growths" in their area (GDI used this tech to keep the Tiberium away from/clean areas)

Further suggestion: How about Tiberium "drugs"?
NOD experimented on multiple applications for Tiberium and came up with different uses: Weapons (Tiberium grenades/rockets), power supply (Liquid Tiberium) and enhancing drugs.
These drugs could come in multiple "qualities" with higher "quality" ones having less side effects (but will still negatively affect health... maybe even mutations?)

Telefonmast

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on December 30, 2016, 10:11:00 AM
How about "Sonic towers" that prevent spread of Tiberium in a area/destroy Tiberium "growths" in their area (GDI used this tech to keep the Tiberium away from/clean areas)

Further suggestion: How about Tiberium "drugs"?

This is all known to us, and we plan on adding GDI/NOD structures, items, whatnot, in the next major update.
- My mod project

FoxButt

jinh86

Thanks a lot for this mod, I'm loving it and looking forward to the next major update 8)

I need to share this crazy idea that I had of mixing this mod and the tropical forest one...and of course double tiberium fell at 2 minutes distance close to my base. Thanks god I put a wall in time xD

http://i.imgur.com/cK0Uq2H

Telefonmast

Quote from: FoxButt on December 30, 2016, 12:41:59 PM
Alright. What'd I break?
https://gist.github.com/bfdeb1e9af118efdc275de229c91fe9f

Alright, looks like you got a bunch of textures missing, actually it looks like you got all textures from this mod missing - i can't know why but how about you redownload the mod from the git again and tell me what happens then.-
- My mod project