[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Telefonmast on December 31, 2016, 12:48:55 PM
Quote from: shirlierox on December 31, 2016, 12:28:00 PM
Ooh nice mod I just need you to add a harvester now so I can run over raiders haha.

I was a bit confused about getting infected.  If I get somebody infected do I have to just amputate the part to cure them.

If so that's brutal and amazing.
Not sure if there ever will be Harvesters, it's an idea though.
And yes, you amputate body parts to cure the infected ;P
I think that there should be a way to treat Tiberium "infection" with some research in a later version.

Ppl often came into contact with Tiberium and got "infected" but survived without any amputations/with fast medical care, at least in areas where they could get medical help (I think GDI massively invested into stopping Tiberium spread and "curing" of infections).

NOD on the other hand invested in enhancing ppl via Tiberium and even researched for ways to make Tiberium not deadly for humans (this was more or less a side product I imagine/the creation of Mutants)

Yes I know that the next version gonna have jada jada. Just throwing some ideas out that you MIGHT have missed  ;)

Telefonmast

QuoteI think that there should be a way to treat Tiberium "infection" with some research in a later version.
That will be a feature.

QuoteJust throwing some ideas out that you MIGHT have missed  ;)
Thank you but I have thought about alot already ;P
So no worries, there will be enough features and things to do in coming versions.

Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

NEPH

Nanao-kun

Encrtia

Ok, I need to know if it's possible, or I highly recommend adding this in:

A way to actually "Kill" the spawning Crystal/Tree. Every time I wall around the areas, the raiders decide to poke holes in the walls just for the lulz, then my guys decide to start repairing walls in the middle of a Tiberium field without me even knowing, get poisoned; then repeat EVERY single time ANYTHING raids me. Quite irksome :p

So yeah; I would like a way to invest my resources/time/etc. into neutralizing the tree/mother-crystal itself. I'm not sure if that's in your plans, but I'd really like to enjoy this mod with that 1 minor addition if possible. Otherwise, too hardcore for me :P

Edit: How can I kill it now? With dev if need be? Making my map unplayable sadly =/
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Encrtia on January 02, 2017, 10:20:57 AM
Ok, I need to know if it's possible, or I highly recommend adding this in:

A way to actually "Kill" the spawning Crystal/Tree. Every time I wall around the areas, the raiders decide to poke holes in the walls just for the lulz, then my guys decide to start repairing walls in the middle of a Tiberium field without me even knowing, get poisoned; then repeat EVERY single time ANYTHING raids me. Quite irksome :p

So yeah; I would like a way to invest my resources/time/etc. into neutralizing the tree/mother-crystal itself. I'm not sure if that's in your plans, but I'd really like to enjoy this mod with that 1 minor addition if possible. Otherwise, too hardcore for me :P

We're still considering whether to allow complete destruction of them. Its easier to nerf something that's hard, than it is to make something easier more difficult, so we're waiting on that until most forms of spread control are implemented.

Quote from: lacrimi512 on December 31, 2016, 02:50:40 PM
I did the Rimworld Project.dll fix thing and it didn't help. So, i wait for 2.0?

So sorry about that. We'll have a 1.1 release within the coming days that'll drop the new textures and some patches and misc fixes, including the fix for the DLL. Just to be certain, what was the exact issue you were having?

Encrtia

I can see your angle, but in my opinion - it's necessary unless you can cap the amount of random Tiberium Spawning Events that occur. Because otherwise there'd be an exponential amount of Tiberium Spawners on the map, oddly on 1 tiny hexagon of a giant planet too... :p

Anyway; can I do any cheat around for now to remove them?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Encrtia on January 02, 2017, 10:46:35 AM
Anyway; can I do any cheat around for now to remove them?

Sadly no, they are like the Geyser, an indestructable object - which will only cause an error if you try to remove it with the dev-options.
- My mod project

lacrimi512

Actually, The DLL did work (somehow, not all the trade caravans and the raids came with the suit), but then, i have this issue with the Visceroid thing on the debug log, and I can't use the Prepare carefully mod.

Telefonmast

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 02, 2017, 10:59:58 AM
Actually, The DLL did work (somehow, not all the trade caravans and the raids came with the suit), but then, i have this issue with the Visceroid thing on the debug log, and I can't use the Prepare carefully mod.

Caravans and raids are not supposed to have the suit frequently.
Could you explain the debug log issue a bit more detailed? So we know what exactly is wrong.
- My mod project

Encrtia

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Encrtia on January 02, 2017, 11:11:35 AM
Crack. Guess a new game it is. Ta

Don't trash that save just yet. You might have convinced me. I think I was looking too far ahead, not considering what might be fun right this second.

lacrimi512

This

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

lacrimi512

I'm sorry, I'm new, so, I don't know how to upload images : (

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 02, 2017, 11:35:16 AM
This

Unable to reproduce with Tiberium Rim v1.0.1 and Prepare Carefully 0.16.1.4. Its convinced that some textures it needs to render the visceroid in the prepare carefully menu doesn't exist, but they do in the copy right off the github release page. Try deleting the mod from your mods folder, redownloading it off git, and reinstalling the mod. You'll have to swap the .dll again though.

Or you can wait until Friday (Or maybe sooner) for v1.1, your call.