[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rezalex

So maybe I'm just really stupid and can't find it, but the tiberium research bench doesn't seem to be build-able for me. All tiberium research requires it, so it isn't something I have to research is it?

Telefonmast

Quote from: Rezalex on January 04, 2017, 02:47:35 PM
So maybe I'm just really stupid and can't find it, but the tiberium research bench doesn't seem to be build-able for me. All tiberium research requires it, so it isn't something I have to research is it?

You need the micro electronics research.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

ramirez333

does this work with the sk modpack or are you ever thinking of making it compatible?

Birdy

Hey, I'm a new player to RimWorld and only got 20 hours or so in. I love the C&C universe, and was wondering if this is OK to use for beginners too or if it is too hard.

How to make it enjoyable but not too difficult? :) Thanks and keep up the good work!

Thyme

I haven't tried TiberRium yet (still working to escape that planet), but what I can say about RimWorld in general: Losing is fun*. So you will lose some colonies. You will learn and eventually get better.
*RimWorld got a lot of inspiration from Dwarf Fortress

tl;dr
Try it. You will see ;) Adjust the difficulty as needed.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Telefonmast

Quote from: ramirez333 on January 04, 2017, 04:10:14 PM
does this work with the sk modpack or are you ever thinking of making it compatible?

Our mod should be compatible with other mods, we don't do changes that could break other mods - it's rather other mods being incompatible.
But you can always try it yourself and report back!
Don't forget to backup your save first just in case.
- My mod project

dinokilla7

So, I've been playing this mod for a while. Because I'm a fan of C&C and love the idea of Tiberium just being a problem. But I just have a few questions.
While playing I noticed even when wearing Tiberium protection suits and helmets my colonists STILL get infected by tiberium, is this supposed to happen or is it just a bug? Because theres no other way to harvest tiberium.
Also, is there any way to get rid of tiberium sources? Because I have 7-8 trees and shards just around the map and its really annoying to have to build a wall around each source as the only way to stop it from being a nuisance and covering half the map.

Telefonmast

Quote from: dinokilla7 on January 05, 2017, 10:36:36 AM
So, I've been playing this mod for a while. Because I'm a fan of C&C and love the idea of Tiberium just being a problem. But I just have a few questions.
While playing I noticed even when wearing Tiberium protection suits and helmets my colonists STILL get infected by tiberium, is this supposed to happen or is it just a bug? Because theres no other way to harvest tiberium.
Also, is there any way to get rid of tiberium sources? Because I have 7-8 trees and shards just around the map and its really annoying to have to build a wall around each source as the only way to stop it from being a nuisance and covering half the map.

The bug is fixed, and you can break Tiberium producers in our latest version 1.1 of TiberiumRim, just download it from the main post and replace with the existing mod, should be save friendly!
- My mod project

Zakhad

Quote from: ramirez333 on January 04, 2017, 04:10:14 PM

Tbf It'll probably get a compatibility patch, on skyark's end mods like these tend to fit in with the style of hardcore sk.

Bodog999

Loving the mod so far, had a few tiberium accidents (toes, fingers a hand and a foot got infected) but I also have one little thing for you to keep in mind for the upcoming updates. I'm playing on an extremely cold mountainous ice sheet (Outside temp ranges from -60 to -130) and there are no trees or plants anywhere because its so cold. That means that when there is a tiberium shard/field/tree it only spreads tiberium right next to it.

Now I'm still not sure if the tiberium NEEDS corpses/trees/plants to spread. But if it is already in it maybe change the spread mechanics a bit so that it changes the ground next to it into tiberium ground. (Like the moisture pump changes mud/shallow water/swamp into dirt)

Besides that, loving it so far!

NEPH

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 06, 2017, 11:20:32 AM
I'm playing on an extremely cold mountainous ice sheet (Outside temp ranges from -60 to -130) and there are no trees or plants anywhere because its so cold. That means that when there is a tiberium shard/field/tree it only spreads tiberium right next to it.

As I know, Tiberium does not grow well in cold places.
Whether intended or not,I think this part is rather well done.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 06, 2017, 11:20:32 AM

Now I'm still not sure if the tiberium NEEDS corpses/trees/plants to spread. But if it is already in it maybe change the spread mechanics a bit so that it changes the ground next to it into tiberium ground. (Like the moisture pump changes mud/shallow water/swamp into dirt)

Besides that, loving it so far!

It does not *need* anything to grow, it just spreads via plant mechanics that we changed to not care about anything - the reason why the ground doesn't get changed is because it gets spawned there by a spawn mechanism and not our spread mechanism which also "corrupts" ground.
Lore-wise Tiberium actually doesn't grow well in cold regions, that's why in the Tiberium universe there is no Tiberium on the polar caps.
So we also made Tiberium sensitive to cold temperatures.
- My mod project

Bodog999

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thats why I never saw an ice map in the Tiberium War series. Thats good to know for my knowledge. So going/crashing to/in a cold region already gives you an advantage over the Tiberium crystals.

Thanks for the info.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 06, 2017, 01:21:44 PM
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thats why I never saw an ice map in the Tiberium War series. Thats good to know for my knowledge. So going/crashing to/in a cold region already gives you an advantage over the Tiberium crystals.

Thanks for the info.
That would mean if you land on a planet and Tiberium starts to spread you could always make a run for the ice areas and settle there. At least until you have techs that allow you to hinder/remove Tiberium.
(Hmmm is that why the GDI had one of their biggest research bases as far up north as possible? How was it called again? Hammerfest or so?)

Akrakorn

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 06, 2017, 02:14:52 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on January 06, 2017, 01:21:44 PM

Thanks for the info.
That would mean if you land on a planet and Tiberium starts to spread you could always make a run for the ice areas and settle there. At least until you have techs that allow you to hinder/remove Tiberium.
(Hmmm is that why the GDI had one of their biggest research bases as far up north as possible? How was it called again? Hammerfest or so?)

Running for the northern part of the map with whatever supplies you could scavenge from your Tiberium-infested ex-colony sounds like a lot of fun.

Is the idea of Tiberium affecting the world map and infecting adjacent hexes something feasible or too good to be true?