[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

Quote from: Akrakorn on January 06, 2017, 04:09:54 PM
Is the idea of Tiberium affecting the world map and infecting adjacent hexes something feasible or too good to be true?

Added to suggestions.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Bodog999

Quote from: Akrakorn on January 06, 2017, 04:09:54 PM
Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 06, 2017, 02:14:52 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on January 06, 2017, 01:21:44 PM
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thats why I never saw an ice map in the Tiberium War series. Thats good to know for my knowledge. So going/crashing to/in a cold region already gives you an advantage over the Tiberium crystals.

Thanks for the info.
That would mean if you land on a planet and Tiberium starts to spread you could always make a run for the ice areas and settle there. At least until you have techs that allow you to hinder/remove Tiberium.
(Hmmm is that why the GDI had one of their biggest research bases as far up north as possible? How was it called again? Hammerfest or so?)

Running for the northern part of the map with whatever supplies you could scavenge from your Tiberium-infested ex-colony sounds like a lot of fun.

Is the idea of Tiberium affecting the world map and infecting adjacent hexes something feasible or too good to be true?

Or you happen to already be in a cold icy area and just slowly see the world turn into one giant crystalline husk.

Thyme

Hammerfest was one of several icy maps in Tiberian Sun. I think the final Nod mission also was in that region. That was even before EA decided to "evolve" Tiberium into a crystal, which should be less affected by temperature than plants.
Anyway, I like the idea of the mechanics as described here, I gotta hurry up with my launch.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

NEPH

Treason5240

Sooo..is tiberium supposed to be able to convert water and deep water?

Bodog999

Bloody hell those sprites look amazing! Cant wait till v2.0! :D

Telefonmast

Quote from: Treason5240 on January 07, 2017, 09:38:39 AM
Sooo..is tiberium supposed to be able to convert water and deep water?

Yep, that's how we have made it so far, it corrupts every surface you can walk on. Deep water should not be affected though.
- My mod project

Lerin

That sprites...
This person should work for Tynan and redesign most of images

Odd62

Good jobs mates, as a C&C fan I'll try that very soon.
Oh, by the way, I warned C&C community of your works ! They really enjoy your work ! Keep it up !
I saw a post before talking about that the Tiberium can't grow in an icy area, It's more like the type of soil have a impact of the Tiberium expansion rate.
I hope you'll add other stuffs life TCN or tiberium veins, ...

Telefonmast, could I send a MP ? I would like talk with you about a mod project I have in mind.
Sorry for my crancky english ^^:

Telefonmast

Quote from: Odd62 on January 07, 2017, 10:43:22 AM
Good jobs mates, as a C&C fan I'll try that very soon.
Oh, by the way, I warned C&C community of your works ! They really enjoy your work ! Keep it up !
I saw a post before talking about that the Tiberium can't grow in an icy area, It's more like the Tiberium can't grow in a sterile soil.
I hope you'll add other stuffs life TCN or tiberium veins, ...

Telefonmast, could I send a MP ? I would like talk with you about a mod project I have in mind.
Sorry for my crancky english ^^:

Thank you for spreading the word!
And so far we actually made Tiberium in a way that it spreads on absolutely anything - except for cold being the only thing keeping it from spreading - so it is quite agressive, which made sense to us.

Tiberium veins could be interesting - but I'm still thinking of something without making it just another field that looks different.
TCN... a thing from C&C 4 , the game that should be burned while being skinned alive, as I have just seen. Maybe.

And you can surely contact me! I have no issues with that.
- My mod project

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 07, 2017, 11:00:46 AM
TCN... a thing from C&C 4 , the game that should be burned while being skinned alive, as I have just seen. Maybe.
C&C 4? Never heard of it! The (Tiberium) C&C ended with the addon to C&C 3 (Kanes Wrath).  :P

Bodog999

Personally I enjoyed C&C 4, yes it wasnt the greatest C&C (Most people will say its the worst probably) but I quite liked having a mobile HQ and some of the units were amazing *cough*Mastodon*cough*. C&C 4 could've been better and a good ending to the C&C series if a certain company didnt fuck it up so hard.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 07, 2017, 12:55:56 PM
Personally I enjoyed C&C 4, yes it wasnt the greatest C&C (Most people will say its the worst probably) but I quite liked having a mobile HQ and some of the units were amazing *cough*Mastodon*cough*. C&C 4 could've been better and a good ending to the C&C series if a certain company didnt fuck it up so hard.
Well tbh I had nothing against C&C 4 besides that stupid leveling system (why the hell do I have to level to be able to build all units?!) and... the "story"/"acting" (*cough* wife of the commander *cough*).
Gameplay was ok (besides the leveling) and the "technology" was sound (what techs GDI and NOD put onto the field).

But I still prefer "classic" C&C style with basebuilding

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 07, 2017, 11:00:46 AM
Thinking about what the TCN is it would be a REALLY late game thing and eat a ton of research time and materials. Hmmm... You would have to build a/the "HUB" unit AND a "node" for it to work. But after building the first "HUB" you could build "nodes" in other colonies (other places on the planet) in reach of the "HUB".

Though having Tiberium spread and work around the planet sounds like a lot of work.

Treason5240

For all the events that spawn tiberium generators, I was sending pawns to try and quickly wall them off.

However, I just saw that tiberium doesn't grow into tiles where a chunk of rock or slag is sitting.

Huh..why didn't I think of this sooner?

Odd62

C&C4's gameplay was a recycled project form another project called C&C Arena, a "Sole Suvivor" like. Moreover, GDs wanted to dynamize the gameplay because most of online matches from the previous games was too static.