[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

Animals shouldn't avoid Tiberium. Visceroids need to come from somewhere. ;) <--add this *hint: suggestion :P

That's something that CnC3 doesn't have. TiberianSun has whole missions dedicated to Tiberium Fauna. Nasty stuff.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Telefonmast

Quote from: Boogeyman on January 09, 2017, 12:37:11 PM
Great mod. A few thoughts.
- There needs to be a way to reclaim soil. If not, you effectively have a timer on your map.
- Animals should avoid the tiberium. Currently they randomly wander into it, which can be annoying if you forget to set your zones whenever you get new animals.
- The tiberium suit is great, but it is rather boring to have everyone in the same outfit, which also covers them completely.
- Currently you have to manually harvest tiberium since you can't set growing zone on it.

-There will be a way to stop tiberium from growing - not sure about the corrupted soil yet.
-Animals don't know about the dangers of Tiberium - there should be no reason for them to avoid it, as inconvenient as it might be.
-Well you don't have to make all your colonists wear it - it's not for looks, but to be practical and protect some of your colonists, or all if you care that much. Though I understand what you mean.
-You shouldn't be able to grow Tiberium, so no growing zones for that - though you can select multiple crystals with the harvest tool.

Quote from: Thyme on January 09, 2017, 02:16:51 PM
Animals shouldn't avoid Tiberium. Visceroids need to come from somewhere. ;) <--add this *hint: suggestion :P

Don't worry - it's all been planned long ago ;P
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Thyme

I think he meant to be able to auto-harvest Tiberium with some sort of growing zones. Like the tree farms where you make a huge growing zone, forbid planting and all the fully grown trees will be designated for cutting automatically.

Boogeyman

Quote from: Thyme on January 09, 2017, 03:28:30 PM
I think he meant to be able to auto-harvest Tiberium with some sort of growing zones. Like the tree farms where you make a huge growing zone, forbid planting and all the fully grown trees will be designated for cutting automatically.

This. Not growing, but automated harvest designation.

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 09, 2017, 02:17:59 PM
-Animals don't know about the dangers of Tiberium - there should be no reason for them to avoid it, as inconvenient as it might be.
Quote from: Thyme on January 09, 2017, 02:16:51 PM
Animals shouldn't avoid Tiberium. Visceroids need to come from somewhere.

Ok. Maybe you could train smarter animals not to go into tiberium? Don't know how moddable that it though.

NEPH

I'm working artworks for tiberium environment 1.2 and Nod faction pack.
This is a sample design, can change if in-game implementation is not possible.

Nanao-kun

Thyme

Gorgeous.

Now, seeing that, I had sort of a memory flash. Concrete was immune to Tiberium growth in TiberianSun (even to placement, when a unit/structure containing it was destroyed). Tiberium Veins (the brown ones used for chemical weapons) were growing everywhere except water. I figure, making only artificial flooring immune to it would be too tricky tho.

Bodog999

Holy mechanoids and all the death that comes with it. Those sprites look absolutely AMAZING! Avatar, Flame Tank, Buggy. Bloody hell mate, I need a scraper for my screen now :D

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Thyme on January 10, 2017, 01:52:39 AM
Gorgeous.

Now, seeing that, I had sort of a memory flash. Concrete was immune to Tiberium growth in TiberianSun (even to placement, when a unit/structure containing it was destroyed). Tiberium Veins (the brown ones used for chemical weapons) were growing everywhere except water. I figure, making only artificial flooring immune to it would be too tricky tho.
Tiberium "grows" in the ground and artificial/more dense ground can hinder its growth. The veins are something different as they grow ON/OVER the ground.

That said: Tiberium Veins and their uses would be a nice thing to have

nachtfalter

Oh gawd I got a nostalgia boner.
Takes me back to the old days when I was blown away playing Tiberium Conflict in MSDOS X)

Bodog999

A quick FYI, Tiberium grows at the same rate in the cold environments as in the hot ones, but is slowed down in cold environments due to the snow layer. I noticed this when raiders came and I set them alight. The snow around the tiberium melted and allowed the tiberium to spread, once snow came along the spread was halted.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 10, 2017, 11:13:05 AM
A quick FYI, Tiberium grows at the same rate in the cold environments as in the hot ones, but is slowed down in cold environments due to the snow layer. I noticed this when raiders came and I set them alight. The snow around the tiberium melted and allowed the tiberium to spread, once snow came along the spread was halted.

I honestly don't think that is bad - since cold environments have frequent snow it should always keep it from spreading, but once a warmth comes/the ground is free from snow, you have it spreading further.
Besides - this is, as I always mention, still in development. 1.0 brought the most simple basics.
That's why we have you play it to give us suggestions/improvement ideas.
- My mod project

Bodog999

Yeah, currently the snow is the only thing from keeping my map from turning into a tiberium wasteland. While thats good and all I am curious to see how quickly the green, blue and red tiberium spread. Cuz I cant be asked sending over a little team to take out the Crystals :P

Telefonmast

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 10, 2017, 04:16:50 PM
[...] I am curious to see how quickly the green, blue and red tiberium spread. Cuz I cant be asked sending over a little team to take out the Crystals :P

Green Tiberium spreads in a 3 tile radius and grows mature in one day.
Blue Tiberium spreads in a 2 tile radius and takes 6 days to mature.
Red Tiberium only spreads within 1 tile, and grows mature in 15 days.
- My mod project

Odd62

I don't know if it was already said : does the blue one and the red one are highly explosive ?