[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdy

Those new arts look amazing! Can't wait for 1.2!

the_nisse

This looks awesome! :D

Is it possible that you could post it in the steam workshop as well? :)

Telefonmast

Quote from: Odd62 on January 11, 2017, 06:00:31 AM
I don't know if it was already said : does the blue one and the red one are highly explosive ?

Not yet - but it is planned.

Quote from: the_nisse on January 11, 2017, 09:18:07 AM
This looks awesome! :D

Is it possible that you could post it in the steam workshop as well? :)

Thank you!
And yes, the steam version will release with version 1.2 of this mod.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

GrungierTag29

Mod truly amazing, cant wait for 1.2.

BTW, any ETA on 1.2 release? :>

Jin Hai

Keep getting an error on install. Putting it in the mod directory but it asks if I'd like to replace a png in my AppData and is constantly "busied" (can't click on anything). http://prntscr.com/duc0k2

Bodog999

I've fiddled around a bit with the tiberium in my map, as soon as the snow disappears it grows rapidly. (No complaint, I love it :D) Two quick questions, do the ion storms appear naturally already? And can tiberium crystals appear in a roofed cave or mountain? So far I've not seen a tiberium deposit appear in a roofed area.

And a little suggestion. If possible, try to make the tiberium spread underground aswell. Maybe with a scanner of some sort you can track it and with specialized tools you can get rid of it. I'd add more to the current crystals than "Oh its here, lets block it off and we're fine." And you have to try and destroy it otherwise its going to get out of hand quite quickly. Again, just a suggestion. Not sure if Rimworld allows things to be placed above the bedrock and below the ground.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 11, 2017, 01:01:21 PM
Two quick questions, do the ion storms appear naturally already? And can tiberium crystals appear in a roofed cave or mountain? So far I've not seen a tiberium deposit appear in a roofed area.

And a little suggestion. If possible, try to make the tiberium spread underground aswell. Maybe with a scanner of some sort you can track it and with specialized tools you can get rid of it. I'd add more to the current crystals than "Oh its here, lets block it off and we're fine." And you have to try and destroy it otherwise its going to get out of hand quite quickly. Again, just a suggestion. Not sure if Rimworld allows things to be placed above the bedrock and below the ground.

Ion storms can appear, just very very rarely. They don't have anything special to them anyway.

Roofed areas are safe as the tiberium events are all based on an "asteroid"  that avoids roofed areas (mountains for example).

That idea is already in ny mind, having underground deposits that grow just like the surface tiberium - it's possible but it might come later on.

Tiberium right now is pretty simple - that's just how our project worked so far.
Of course there is *way* more than what we did so far to the glorious crystals, but you gotta understand that it takes work - and we just wanted an asap release.

But 1.2 will be fun - no more walls, rocks, objects and items are safe from it.
Prepare for the latest high tech :>
And be sure not to run out of power ;P

It's in your hands to keep your map as a Blue Zone, Yellow Zone or let it wither away into a Red Zone.
- My mod project

Telefonmast

Quote from: Jin Hai on January 11, 2017, 11:49:57 AM
Keep getting an error on install. Putting it in the mod directory but it asks if I'd like to replace a png in my AppData and is constantly "busied" (can't click on anything). http://prntscr.com/duc0k2

That is weird.
Also normally mods don't belong into the AppData path - but I suppose you got some sort of mod pack so that might be the issue.

But try to delete the already existing folder and paste in the new one.
- My mod project

Odd62

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 11, 2017, 03:10:38 PM
Ion storms can appear, just very very rarely. They don't have anything special to them anyway.
The Ion Storm simply act like a solar flare

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 11, 2017, 03:10:38 PM
And be sure not to run out of power ;P
There's no Ichor generator in 1.2 ?  ???

Jin Hai

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 11, 2017, 03:15:14 PM
That is weird. Also normally mods don't belong into the AppData path - but I suppose you got some sort of mod pack so that might be the issue. But try to delete the already existing folder and paste in the new one.

With a bit of fiddling I was able to install the mod in pieces, and found the specific file I've been getting the issue with.
TiberiumRim-1.1.0\Assets\ObeliskOfLight_Back.png
There are two of the same files with the exact same name in the .zip. One "Back", the other "back". Dunno if anyone else has been having an issue with this, but was very confused for a while at the least, lol.

Birdy

Will there be laser fences and power plants? :D

Thyme

Forget about laser fences. Firestorm walls! Impenetrable by all means.* Fend off raiders, traders, drop pods, joining wanderers, incoming mortar sheels, ...
Let's you hide day and night. Warning: Does not come with free electricity!

I would just fill my killbox with it. Who needs loot anyway.
*except subterranean stuff. but let's be honest, doesn't exist in RimWorld
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

NEPH

Many types of tiberium fiends or mutate animals artwork

megatech2795

man that looks AWESOME! I am following the development of this mod and CAN'T WAIT for the new release! You guys are awesome!

Goo Poni

Can creatures have innate ranged attacks? Tiberium hounds would flick tiberium from the growths on their back at personnel and vehicles. They'd also be friendly to those that helped them if they came under fire. Taming tiberium hounds and nurturing their growths for a supply of tiberium, like most animals and wools or milk could be interesting. Not to mention being able to remotely project tiberium infections at enemies. Further growing on the idea, maybe tiberium could be a permanent affliction on them, prone to succumbing to it if it can't be tended to, becoming seeds for the spread of tiberium. Or perhaps influencing the growth with surgery, create blue or red hounds with difficult surgery.