[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 20, 2017, 10:32:26 AM
Why does no one just build a wall around the source of Tiberium? I have a few tiberium farms by using walls and airlocks to get in Farm and get out. AND if there is an outbreak, a restrict all my colonists to the area and put plant cutting as priority one, the worse tiberium  infection I've gotten is a middle toe and a muffalo's heart so he dead.

Don't rely too much on walls in 1.2 ;P
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Xentor

Ah make it not to hard. I think it is a bit unfair if it can destroy walls. (when there is no other shielding method).
The Green Tiberium grows bye the way a little bit fast. (Faster than a door opens and closes)

Xentor

PS: Walls yet yet now not even a secured way. because NPc`s and Animals tend to destroy them, because they think they belong to your bas.e So you have very fast (on harder difficulties) broken Tiberiumseals.... when you watch not with attention.

Canute

When tiberium can eat walls like currently floors, how do you want survive with just 4 pawns on a medium/large map ?
You are cruel !! :-)

Telefonmast

You will be able to turn wall/item damage on and off.
Also there will be a little new building to help y'all out :>
- My mod project

Birdy

bizarre_chicken

It'd be nice to be have pawns avoid tiberium automatically unless they were wearing full protection gear. Too many times something's popped up and idiot colonists have been rubbing their faces on the shiny green crystals.
Also, at the moment I think it spreads far too quickly, the map becomes a wasteland within a year. Considering that in C&C the earth is overtaken with Tiberium in about a hundred years, maybe reduce the growth rate a bit for balance? Or perhaps slow the growth rate as it grows further from the source - i.e tiberium harvested from near a blossom tree grows back quickly, but further away would take longer to spread / grow back.

Quote from: Birdy on January 20, 2017, 12:49:23 PM
As long as I can have a cute harvester. :D

Seconded, we need the beetlevans!

Azzarrel

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 20, 2017, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 20, 2017, 10:32:26 AM
Why does no one just build a wall around the source of Tiberium? I have a few tiberium farms by using walls and airlocks to get in Farm and get out. AND if there is an outbreak, a restrict all my colonists to the area and put plant cutting as priority one, the worse tiberium  infection I've gotten is a middle toe and a muffalo's heart so he dead.

Don't rely too much on walls in 1.2 ;P

will you change the tiberium infection, so there is any chance to do something against it.
I like the tiberium, but I started with a tribe and I can do very little without sacrificing my pawns like ... well ... pawns to contain it, while the rest is building walls in a hurry. (srsly, as soon as i harvested one green crystal, 2 new pop up)
If the tiberium can go through walls now, you take everything I have left to resist this :'(

Telefonmast

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 20, 2017, 03:00:51 PM
will you change the tiberium infection, so there is any chance to do something against it.
I like the tiberium, but I started with a tribe and I can do very little without sacrificing my pawns like ... well ... pawns to contain it, while the rest is building walls in a hurry. (srsly, as soon as i harvested one green crystal, 2 new pop up)
If the tiberium can go through walls now, you take everything I have left to resist this :'(

There will be a building to prevent tiberium growth, infections still are quite.. dangerous, and will be for a while.
TiberiumRim is a rather hardcore mod for Tribal gameplay since it relies on high tech.

This could be an idea to have Tribals and low-tech colonies to be "Forgotten" and become one with Tiberium for some kind of balance.
But do not expect that to be done anytime soon, I will think about it tho.
- My mod project

Birdy

Is there like a roadmap for this mod for 1.2/2.0? :D

Canute

QuoteThis could be an idea to have Tribals and low-tech colonies to be "Forgotten" and become one with Tiberium for some kind of balance.
But do not expect that to be done anytime soon, I will think about it tho.
Maybe in combinatoin with ancestor spirit or the Cult from Call of Chuthulu.
You can either ask your ancestors as tribe to cure a tiberium poisoning of a pawn.
Or for the cults, give the timberium deity an offer to cure a pawn, and later with better standing to that deity sacrifice a prisoner to made a pawn immun to tiberium and maybe move speed boni on tiberium.

Telefonmast

- My mod project

Bodog999

Thats a very nice mindmap, loving what you guys are working on :D

Telefonmast

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 21, 2017, 12:00:45 PM
Thats a very nice mindmap, loving what you guys are working on :D

I started working on a Wiki instead now.
Easier to have an overview with, and helps players in need.
Not sure if it's possible but I think others can contribute, so if anyone got time it would be nice to have some help there :>
- My mod project

Birdy

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 21, 2017, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: Birdy on January 21, 2017, 09:40:14 AM
Is there like a roadmap for this mod for 1.2/2.0? :D

We got this great mindmap here.
:>

Looks like a lot of cool ideas! My heart broke when I saw a red flag at 'Harvester' and 'Tiberium Harvesting' though. ;(

Harvesters are our friends.