[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 29, 2017, 05:51:03 PM
I didn't play the game so I have no idea what's to come but it sounds amazing so far. But it's definitely nothing to mess around with,  I'm going to post a picture of what happened to my base.

I hope you'll enjoy the mod, feel free to report back any issues!
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

TerrorThomasCao

When you're busy and say "I'll deal with it later" to a Tiberium notification and end up going to sleep before finishing your game and totally forget about it.

EDIT: My screenshot's too big :(, let's just say I've got a giant bubble of tiberium with a diameter of 30 and I had to wall it up using the surrounding mountains

Thyme

Make sure to save your screen as .jpg or a similar format that doesn't need much storage. My screens have around 50kB if I don't cut anything (@1920x1080).
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Birdy

Will there be a powerplant or something that creates energy in 1.2, or will it be in later updates? :D

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Birdy on January 31, 2017, 07:04:19 AM
Will there be a powerplant or something that creates energy in 1.2, or will it be in later updates? :D

Later updates. 1.2's been feature locked because we keep wanting to add new features, and there's more good ideas going on than I have free time to code them for XD.

Birdy

TolSatha

Absolutely love this mod, can't wait for the next patch.

One thing I find strange tho is how it's spreading over water, turning it into Tiberium Soil. From what I've read in this thread this seems to be intentional behavior. I feel this makes Tiberium very exploitable - in a single day you can dry water that would take several seasons with moisture pumps, and afterwards just cut down all the Tiberium and pave the ground to get rid of it - all without even needing any resources or energy for the pumps to do it.

From my limited understanding of Tiberium lore, it should infect and mutate algae, resulting in some form of toxic surface goo. Shallow water would still be shallow water (retaining it's movement debuff), just infested with Tiberium algae (with an additional debuff?). This would make much more sense then it simply drying out water completely, and could have interesting gameplay mechanics - it seems intuitive that Tiberium would spread faster over water then on the ground, and walking thru it would be probably be deadly (since your skin is completely in contact with water, and thus Tiberium).

It's possible you've already thought of this for a future patch, or maybe there's an issue that I'm overlooking?

Another exploit is allowing Tiberium to spread and cover the exits of the map, and then waiting for / calling in a trade caravan. In most cases they all drop dead before they leave the map, spilling all the loot on the ground. Obviously this also makes sieges mostly a non-issue as well - they get a few artillery shots off before they fall over.

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: TolSatha on February 02, 2017, 08:23:07 PM
Absolutely love this mod, can't wait for the next patch.

One thing I find strange tho is how it's spreading over water, turning it into Tiberium Soil. From what I've read in this thread this seems to be intentional behavior. I feel this makes Tiberium very exploitable - in a single day you can dry water that would take several seasons with moisture pumps, and afterwards just cut down all the Tiberium and pave the ground to get rid of it - all without even needing any resources or energy for the pumps to do it.

From my limited understanding of Tiberium lore, it should infect and mutate algae, resulting in some form of toxic surface goo. Shallow water would still be shallow water (retaining it's movement debuff), just infested with Tiberium algae (with an additional debuff?). This would make much more sense then it simply drying out water completely, and could have interesting gameplay mechanics - it seems intuitive that Tiberium would spread faster over water then on the ground, and walking thru it would be probably be deadly (since your skin is completely in contact with water, and thus Tiberium).

It's possible you've already thought of this for a future patch, or maybe there's an issue that I'm overlooking?

Another exploit is allowing Tiberium to spread and cover the exits of the map, and then waiting for / calling in a trade caravan. In most cases they all drop dead before they leave the map, spilling all the loot on the ground. Obviously this also makes sieges mostly a non-issue as well - they get a few artillery shots off before they fall over.

We are still debating exactly how we want to handle Tiberium with water. Likely, we will introduce an algae component, but no work on it has been done yet.

While there's not a huge amount we can do about vanilla siege behavior, the Faction update will face you off with people equipped to deal with Tiberium, and should make that more dangerous as a result. As for Caravans biting it and spilling loot, Tiberium is going to be much more aggressive in 1.2 and caravans will become much less of a loot pinata.

Birdy

Thyme

I finally set up a tiberium farm (in year 6! had no pressure because of mechas spawning resources and ice sheet being snowy most of the time). I can't multi-select tiberium via double click. It also seems not to count as harvestable plant (like wild berry bushes) because fluffy's colony manager fails to auto-harvest it. Can't set a growing zone, so I have to do that manually. Minor issues so far.
I thought an airlock will be enough to prevent the tiberium from growing out of the perimeter, but it is not. When an item blocks the door (=is open), tiberium seeds can infect the tiles behind it, marble floor or not. Knowing that green tiberium can spread over a distance of 3 tiles, I just put 4 doors in a row (they can't be corrupted it seems) and set two of them to stay open. Containing works, if a little messy. Keeping colonists out with zones works great, however, I just had a husky enter the farm (=forbidden area). Stupid moon moon was apparently wandering and not doing work. Not sure if zone restrictions are ignored in that case, but I guess that's nothing you could fix. Anyway, the dog got an infection in the body. Can't amputate that ...
Almost forgot: Oddly, havesting tiberium counts as plant cutting, not as harvest. Hope you like the feedback, will take a while untill I start refining (need to disassemble all those mechas)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Goldenpotatoes

I got hit with 3 different tiberium-related events in a short span near the start of this colony, so instead of actually dealing with it, I decided to just wall off the entire valley it affected and hoped it'd go away eventually.

I now have a tiberium graveyard of various debris ranging from crashed ships, cargo pods, to unfortunate escape pods. On the bright side, I got a pretty steady supply of steel now.

PotatoeTater

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on February 03, 2017, 06:03:39 PM
I got hit with 3 different tiberium-related events in a short span near the start of this colony, so instead of actually dealing with it, I decided to just wall off the entire valley it affected and hoped it'd go away eventually.

I now have a tiberium graveyard of various debris ranging from crashed ships, cargo pods, to unfortunate escape pods. On the bright side, I got a pretty steady supply of steel now.

Literally how the top corner of my map looks. I just walled in the entire mountain range and it's one big field. I have an airlock on my mountain base with tib gear for those that want to venture out.
Life is Strange

bdole92

Any chance of adding it to the steam workshop?

Telefonmast

Quote from: bdole92 on February 03, 2017, 08:11:18 PM
Any chance of adding it to the steam workshop?

Will be done soon with the TiberiumRim 1.2 update.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Defection

Is there maybe a chance to add some kind of cure for tiberim sickness?? Something  expensive to make and that takes a lot of time to heal?