[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TolSatha

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 03, 2017, 08:30:54 PM
Will be done soon with the TiberiumRim 1.2 update.

Just a thought on this - it might be better if you did smaller, more frequent updates.
People love this mod so much that waiting for an update becomes excruciating  ;D

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: TolSatha on February 04, 2017, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: Telefonmast on February 03, 2017, 08:30:54 PM
Will be done soon with the TiberiumRim 1.2 update.

Just a thought on this - it might be better if you did smaller, more frequent updates.
People love this mod so much that waiting for an update becomes excruciating  ;D

The bigger issue behind it is that I'm a student. There's only X number of hours for coding in a day, and my class schedule is very busy this semester. As much as I'd love to be able to go so far as to be writing this mod full-time, there's only so much I can do :P

TerrorThomasCao

It's okay, I'm a student too and I definitely understand. Just do what you can! :P

lordofmadness666

Are there any plans to add the Forgotten? Preferably after you have zones down, but I love love love those freaky tiberium mutants. (Also, maybe add a rare possibility that a colonist becomes a mutant from tib poisoning instead of dying, like 1/20 or so).

Telefonmast

Quote from: lordofmadness666 on February 11, 2017, 11:06:27 AM
Are there any plans to add the Forgotten? Preferably after you have zones down, but I love love love those freaky tiberium mutants. (Also, maybe add a rare possibility that a colonist becomes a mutant from tib poisoning instead of dying, like 1/20 or so).

Apologies for the late response.
Yes, The Forgotten should become part of this sooner or later.
My idea was to add them as a player faction for people playing as a tribe and thus having no such fany sonic technology to protect themselves with. It will be a risky path to choose but should be supposed to allow anyone to join in on a symbiosis with Tiberium.
Though this is just an idea, so no fixed promises.
Also it would most likely be part of the faction pack mod that is still in it's very early stage.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

lordofmadness666

Birdy

Telefonmast

Quote from: Birdy on February 16, 2017, 05:00:27 AM
Where can I download 1.2? :O

Here and on Steam in a few hours.
Just a bit more patience :>
- My mod project

GrungierTag29

Telefonmast

Quote from: GrungierTag29 on February 17, 2017, 01:20:02 PM
Still waiting for a few hours :<
Delays are quite a thing here at the Tiberium Corperation.
- My mod project

Regar

about the delay :
isnt it a feature of tiberium to be unpredictable sometimes ?  ;)

a lil question about performance :

first a got a bunch of mods active so this may not concern you at all BUT
i noticed quite the performance impact of possibly this mod.
to be more precise: in my pc it starts to lag with tiberium around 12 colonists on 300x300 map
later i tried with out tiberium and 3 minor mods (like diverse batteries) and it doesnt lag so far with 20 ppl on a 275x275 map

this are just 2 tries ... it could be not connected to Tiberium AT ALL.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Regar on February 19, 2017, 07:52:47 AM
about the delay :
isnt it a feature of tiberium to be unpredictable sometimes ?  ;)

a lil question about performance :

first a got a bunch of mods active so this may not concern you at all BUT
i noticed quite the performance impact of possibly this mod.
to be more precise: in my pc it starts to lag with tiberium around 12 colonists on 300x300 map
later i tried with out tiberium and 3 minor mods (like diverse batteries) and it doesnt lag so far with 20 ppl on a 275x275 map

this are just 2 tries ... it could be not connected to Tiberium AT ALL.

1.2 should *hopefully* be out within the next week.

And about the lag - it could be because of all the crystals but we try to manage performance as good as possible.
But I cannot know for sure and also wouldn't know a direct way to fix this. An idea would be to allow players to set how many tiberium crystals there may be on the map, so I will look into that.
But I hope that the lag isn't too bad though.
- My mod project

Telefonmast

TiberiumRim 1.2 Update – Destroy the world.

After many delays due to private reasons and a lot of work done, we can finally announce version 1.2 of TiberiumRim!
We added a few new mechanics and reworked a few issues, added new items/buildings and made a texture overhaul.
For instance Tiberium is now more agressive, damaging buildings/items and thus having nothing to stop it... but look! It's the Sonic Inhibitor! This new little building will help you keep those bad crystal away from your precious lawn. (Also you can turn Tiberium damage on or off in the mod options.)
We also have Tiberium mutations now. To be more exact: Tiberium Fiends and Visceroids. A full list of those is below.

Patch notes:
TIBERIUMRIM NOW REQUIRES HUGSLIB TO WORK! Install it before playing the new version.
A new save is needed, due to file changes of existing objects.

Tiberium is more agressive. It can destroy any building, walls, rocks and even mountains if given enough time. It also damages items and breaks them rather quickly.
Tiberium now doesn't destroy other types of Tiberium crystals.

Blue Tiberium has a chance to explode now, lowered health allows chain reactions.

New building: Tiberium Inhibitor, can be build after the Tiberium Inhibitor research, and is found under Security architecture. When powered it destroys any Tiberium crystal or flora. It does not go through walls though, be aware of that. Inhibitors stop working after taking some damage, keep an eye on their health!

Fixed Visceroids: Visceroids now have their own body type and can spawn from any corpse in a Tiberium field.

Tiberium Fiends: Tiberium mutations that happen in a Tiberium field, based on the animal that died, all are immune to Tiberium.
Thrumbo => Tiberium Terror, very strong and agressive animals.
Bears => Big Tiberium Fiend, a stronger version of the bear.
Scarab => Tibscarab, a tiberium version of the scarab.
Canines => Tiberium Fiend, strong, slightly more tameable than other fiends.
Snake => Crawler, a Tiberium snake, lays crawler eggs that can hatch more crawlers.

Balance Changes/ Small fixes:
The Tiberium Scenario should be adapted to the new update, giving you 4 inhibitors at the start and a few more resources. Have fun surviving!
Tiberium events happen less frequently now.
A lot of small fixes have been done, corrected grammar, typos and so on. (If you encounter any similar issues please report them!)

New Language:
German has been added to the TiberiumRim translations.

Steam
Github

We hope you can enjoy our mod even more now!
- My mod project

Thyme

I'm eager to play that ... after I've done the Sea Ice Community Challenge ;)
The patchnotes seem to make the game much harder, Tiberium can destroy mountains?! Where should I build my mountainbase? *S.O.S.

PS: After 7 years, I've finally gotten a Rutila spawner. It appears to spawn only 4 crystals (quickly, then stops), couldn't observe any other growth, but didn't wait longer than all 4 crystals being 100% grown. v1.1
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak