[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telefonmast

Quote from: Thyme on February 20, 2017, 09:31:35 AM
I'm eager to play that ... after I've done the Sea Ice Community Challenge ;)
The patchnotes seem to make the game much harder, Tiberium can destroy mountains?! Where should I build my mountainbase? *S.O.S.

PS: After 7 years, I've finally gotten a Rutila spawner. It appears to spawn only 4 crystals (quickly, then stops), couldn't observe any other growth, but didn't wait longer than all 4 crystals being 100% grown. v1.1

For now you need Inhibitors to help you, in 1.3 Tiberium will have a chance to corrupt mountainous rocks into corresponding tiberium rocks. See here(fixed link).
Thus having a chance to seal itself off. Rocks do not spread, and dont spawn tiberium - for now.

Also.
Rutila is supposed to be very rare, not quite sure if 7 years are exactly the amount of rare i want it to be. And it probably doesn't grow because of snow. It matures but doesn't spread when snow is around.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Birdy

Awesome! Thank you all in the team :D Will be fun

Madman666

Looks soo juicy especially with all the steel you can get and that damn nostalgic C&C feelling))) 1 Question though - will Tiberium screw the land forever, or can you turn tiberium infested soil back with some dedicated work?

Also would be nice to have tiberium shard launcher, to get those siegers a nasty present) I loved using tiberium thrower in C&C Renegade to turn those poor NOD sods into visceroids))

Telefonmast

Quote from: Madman666 on February 20, 2017, 11:25:15 AM
Looks soo juicy especially with all the steel you can get and that damn nostalgic C&C feelling))) 1 Question though - will Tiberium screw the land forever, or can you turn tiberium infested soil back with some dedicated work?

Also would be nice to have tiberium shard launcher, to get those siegers a nasty present) I loved using tiberium thrower in C&C Renegade to turn those poor NOD sods into visceroids))
For now the changes are permanent.
And canging soil could be tricky, since it doesn't save what soil it previously was, in the end I could try to make a type of "decrystallized soil" that could be made with a small machine. Maybe solar powered for convenience (so you don't need a wire leading to it all over the map). I will take that into considerations.

Tiberium weapons and defenses will be included in the TiberiumRim Factions mod part!
It's still a huge WIP.
- My mod project

Madman666

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 20, 2017, 11:44:04 AM
For now the changes are permanent.
And canging soil could be tricky, since it doesn't save what soil it previously was, in the end I could try to make a type of "decrystallized soil" that could be made with a small machine. Maybe solar powered for convenience (so you don't need a wire leading to it all over the map). I will take that into considerations.

Tiberium weapons and defenses will be included in the TiberiumRim Factions mod part!
It's still a huge WIP.

Well I wasn't talking about restoring exactly the soil it was before tiberium invasion, just to regular soil you can use for farming or that'll support wild plants. Its just that I'd like a possibility of preserving initial map state to at least some degree, otherwise tiberium meteors, craters and etc. even if you deal with them promtly, still just by spawning via events will eventually make pretty much all map tiberium infested wasteland.

I was thinking more of a something hand held, like a one-time use chemical grenade or some kind of dispencer, that reverses tiberium infected land back to standart soil, since trying to clean the biome on huge maps with powered machines can and will be a nightmare...

Thats a damn big work you're planning)) I'll be waiting for weapons\security and tiberium soil countermeasures))

Could be nice if you added some tiberium modified soil type (with the use of rare tiberium types, not as agressive as green one), that can be researched and then placed, which uses tiberium's fast growing ability to grow plants much faster, but potentially has a chance to start tiberium outbreaks for example or can cause sickness if harvesters  aren't equpped with suits... Will require lots of micromanagement, to avoid amputations, but growth boost can make it tempting for some long growing plants.

Forgot to mention - the art's godlike) Level 20 artist sighted =)

Thyme

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 20, 2017, 09:59:37 AM
[...] Rocks do not spread, and dont spawn tiberium - for now.

Also.
Rutila is supposed to be very rare, not quite sure if 7 years are exactly the amount of rare i want it to be. And it probably doesn't grow because of snow. It matures but doesn't spread when snow is around.
In the end, we'll be sitting on a planet sized Tiberium Crystal ...

The 7 year first spawn thing is no representative sample, no worries. Thanks for the snow info, gotta get my tiberium grower a shovel and check the "greenredhouse"
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

bonmar14

Hi ihave a question are you planning to add in the future some stuff from the C&C game
and also nice work on the mod.

Telefonmast

Quote from: bonmar14 on February 21, 2017, 08:59:20 AM
Hi ihave a question are you planning to add in the future some stuff from the C&C game
and also nice work on the mod.
I'm planning to add the *whole* of the Tiberium universe into this mod :>
- My mod project

Madman666

Uwah, that green tiberium grows so faaast)) For now, I'll be playing it with vegetable garden, because it allows placing soil on constructed floor, so you can make some floors on tiberium infested soil, then on floors, place normal soil. But in the future there definitely needs to be a tool to reclaim soil, otherwise it'll be constant loosing game with green goodness eventually covering everything thats not protected by inhibitors)) Oh and tiberium proof walls! I mean we all know - there needs to be tiberium farming in this game))

Also I find it that hp on those asteroids and trees are too much, if you get unlucky and it'll spawn while you have only initial survival rifle and pistol you'll spend about 1.5 days just shooting it without breaks. I think it can be safely lowered by half with the speed it grows it'll still be a very dangerous event, which when ignored can actually pose a threat of just losing the map in the matter of days.

Gotta say though it looks just soo damn beautiful - I don't even want to get rid of tiberium))) Its just looks nice) Ah C&C is back)) Two more small suggestions - if tiberium spread reached like 30-50% of the map - let it have a chance to trigger toxic fallout each day (really small chance, but it'll get bigger the more tiberium you have on the map). And second - since you have those cool tiberium infused animals - might as well make them have toxic bite, leave some tiberium when butchered and spread it around if a corpse not taken care of) They feed on tiberium after all)

Profugo Barbatus

So to anyone who's a little more curious about how the mod works, Here's an excellent mod spotlight from Barky!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/awz4kqtqts4

Birdy

BlueLance213

I'm unsure how rare the events are meant to be or if my game is not working correctly, but so far I have had 0 events actually happen, I managed to get myself armour, and raw tiberium and books from trading, but that is all that has happened so far.

I don't know if this is because the mod was updated or not?

TolSatha

Quote from: Birdy on February 23, 2017, 03:12:28 AM
Trying to find Red tiberium is insane o.o

Agreed, and it's a bit of a gameplay issue as well.
You need to do research before you have any way of containing tiberium (suits, inhibitors), but to build the research bench you need red tiberium.
I've had 3 runs on 1.2 so far and it always ends the same - by the time I get any red, the whole map is already overgrown with green.

So unless you're lucky enough to get a tiberium meteor or a caravan that has some red (if that's even a thing?), you'll just sit there helplessly while the tiberium consumes everything because you can't build a research bench.

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 20, 2017, 11:44:04 AM
And canging soil could be tricky, since it doesn't save what soil it previously was

There could be a way to do this - make a new class that inherits TerrainDef and store the old value when switching.
So if it's called "TiberiumTerrainDef", you could then define them as such in the terrainDefs .xml file, since it's still a terrainDef type.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<TerrainDefs>

<TiberiumTerrainDef Name="FloorBase" Abstract="True">
        <layerable>true</layerable>
    </TiberiumTerrainDef>

<TiberiumTerrainDef ParentName="FloorBase">
        <DefName>greenTiberiumFloor</DefName>
    </TiberiumTerrainDef>

</TerrainDefs>

You get the picture. I haven't done much digging as to how these are stored internally, so it's possible that it wont be automatically added to the def database.
Idk, maybe it wouldn't work, just an idea you guys might want to investigate.

BlueLance213

@TolSatha You can get Red Tiberium from caravans, I find its usually the exotic and bulk traders that have them, unfortunately caravans are the only source I seem to find Tiberium from, Sorry I don't know how to quote properly

bobucles

I don't see why the player can't do research with just green tiberium. It's pretty dumb to wait on RNGesus to get any hope of a red crystal.

That seems like the obvious first thing to change.