[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueLance213

Quote from: bobucles on February 23, 2017, 08:18:07 AM
I don't see why the player can't do research with just green tiberium. It's pretty dumb to wait on RNGesus to get any hope of a red crystal.

Its not really down to RNGesus, You can request caravans and the chances of it always having green and blue are pretty much guaranteed, the red is rarer but still i see it every 3rd or 4th caravan I request.

Madman666

Quote from: BlueLance213 on February 23, 2017, 08:38:30 AM
Its not really down to RNGesus, You can request caravans and the chances of it always having green and blue are pretty much guaranteed, the red is rarer but still i see it every 3rd or 4th caravan I request.

Well if you rely on caravans, that might have red tiberium or might not - I'd say its still up to RNGesus to smile or frown upon you. Because you might have 10+ caravans without the stuff. And calling caravans aren't cheap. By the time you gamble some reds out of traders, green goodness will probably rule your map anyway))

BlueLance213

I wish any colour of Tiberium would come and rule my map but alas I have had 0 luck with it happening. Maybe thats why I am lucky with getting the red in caravans, because I dont even get the green landing on my map

Madman666

Quote from: BlueLance213 on February 23, 2017, 09:41:20 AM
I wish any colour of Tiberium would come and rule my map but alas I have had 0 luck with it happening. Maybe thats why I am lucky with getting the red in caravans, because I dont even get the green landing on my map

Can't say I don't like the idea of it ruling everything - those green crystals look sooo goood)) But their ground changing ability worries me very much.

BlueLance213

Wouldnt it be possible to make it that instead of them changing the soil type, change it so that it is a "floor", if you ever put a floor on top of smooth slate/marble etc and remove the floor the tile underneath retains its original information. That way player would have to remove the "Floor" to convert the soil back into a usable soil, can possibly have it that you end up with a contaminated soil which needs disposed of or can be turned into refined Tiberium but with a higher resource cost, (10 pieces of Tiberium soil = 1 Tiberium)

Telefonmast

A lot of interesting ideas, and a lot of issues that I also feel like changing.
But this is what releasing things is all about!
Seeing the feedback and how to work with it - in this case change the gameplay aspects of some values.
I already nerfed the Tiberium but I guess that ain't enough.
There will be a lot of changes and additions for 1.3 though, you can prepare for it within the next week(I hope), I will work my butt off for it to get done soon.

Additions include so far:
Tiberium now turns to glaciers on water and creates contaminated water on that tile.
The Veinhole will be ready to grow on your map.
Tiberium has a chance to turn mountain-rock into a tiberium infested rock (depending on the crystal type).

Planned:
A harvester (Will see how far I can get it done)
Simple Tiberium meds, cure infection.
Random and rare creation of monolith like structures that mostly do nothing.
Blue monoliths actually "rise" from a bunch of blue crystals.
Better balance, once again, based on community feedback.

There will be more, of course, just what I came up with from the top of my head.
Let the hype rise :>
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

BlueLance213

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 23, 2017, 11:14:50 AM

Instead of meds to cure it wouldnt it be better to have the corruption spread/consume the body and have the medicine slow/stop this but never actually cure it? That way early game amputation is required if your pawn gets infected or you risk it spreading and eventually killing the pawn, and in the late game you can slow/stop the disease but never remove it. That way the infection will always be a fear factor otherwise people will just not bother with the suits, let their pawn be infected and then cure them afterwards unless you would make it as rare as glitterworld medicine.

Telefonmast

Quote from: BlueLance213 on February 23, 2017, 11:25:49 AM
Quote from: Telefonmast on February 23, 2017, 11:14:50 AM

[...]That way the infection will always be a fear factor otherwise people will just not bother with the suits, let their pawn be infected and then cure them afterwards unless you would make it as rare as glitterworld medicine.

Of course it wouldn't be a simple herbal medicine type thing, it would require research, tiberium books combined with a normal medkit and boom. One single pill or crystal popsicle or whatever comes to mind and your pawn gets the benefit of not dying. Tho i will apply that making the infected part weaker and less useful.
- Thanks for the suggestion.
- My mod project

herles

Do you guys welcome any help in the translation? I guess that many people would be willing to help as they can. For example, i would like to make an italian translation, just because i love both c&c and rimworld. Helping this mod would be awesome :p

Birdy

Having a lot of fun, but I do have to agree a little about the red tiberium. I'm all for making it rare (it can be used for a very valueable material after all), but there's definitely the early-game balance issue. I too had to make due with some caravans, as I could not get enough red tiberium to get any research benches going. :D

Also early on, my colonists get infected (and die) earlier than I can get researches going. Some kind of medicine would indeed be great.

Once I did get stuff going I had a blast though, it takes a while to get used to it all.

Telefonmast

I get the concerns of everyone, especially about balance, and i will change it to make it better. But losing a few colonists is part of the game, of course it's a shame - but speaking lore wise I don't think people would get to research Tiberium before realizing it's deadlines.
So I'll remove tiberium from the requirements and add an item made with green tiberium and some vanilla resources to balance it out.
I do want to make this a fun mod, but I do love details, in-depht & practical lore and also quite a bit o' realism.
I will accept every suggestion or concern as long as it won't be anything like "let us craft Tiberium bombs with the crystals" - I would never make it that easy :>
- My mod project

Madman666

You are one of the best mod devs I know, you now that?) Not that many people make mods this awesone and also listen to what fans suggest))

Now to the topic of suggestions, I kinda agree with @BlueLance213. I think that tiberium cure either shouldn't be a thing or an endgame absolute nightmare to aquire, because you know - to actually get poisoned you need to really damn derp and send someone through tiberium field or forget to mark it as restricted zone. And tiberium supposed to be real punishing and real profitable at the same time. It is VERY profitable, so I don't know if you should nerf it. I hope you leave spreading speed like it is or even bump it up a bit (especially dat red and blue yum!;). The problem is not as much difficulty of tiberium itself, as difficulty of research required to get at least simple means of combating it. Make research a bit easier to get and even without nerfing tiberium people will be able to deal with it. And being able to reverse soil state back will help too. while I was playing TiberiumRim with Vegetable Garden I found it quite a bit easier, when you can reclaim the soil and push tiberium back gradually as your colony grows in tech and numbers.

AND being able to get moar steeeeel is very tasty. Really - thank you for this wonderful nostalgic and good-looking mod. One more suggestion would be to add some more consumable useful things, that require lots of steel. Since you can actually reserve half of the map for green poisonous steel farming now))

Kenji

Incoming Transmission, Establishing Battlefield control, standby, mission complete. Eva's voice gets stuck in my head soon as I see the existence of this mod.

@Telefonmast, I read on the mod page that you and your team plan to "add the whole C&C universe to our beloved RimWorld". Does this include Red Alert? And what are you planning to do next after the inclusion of Tiberium? Since this game doesn't have vehicles or mounts yet, will you consider doing turrets and equipments of the C&C universe?

Telefonmast

Red Alert is not really planned to be worked on at all, I meant by the "whole C&C universe" the whole Tiberium era universe.
And we actually have a lot of faction related art already that will be seperated in a faction mod part.
- My mod project

TolSatha

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 23, 2017, 02:14:02 PM
I will accept every suggestion or concern as long as it won't be anything like "let us craft Tiberium bombs with the crystals" - I would never make it that easy :>

On that note - how about seeding tiberium?
Could even be thru some fun mechanic like tiberium fiends dying and spawning a few crystals around the corpse?
It has nothing to do with me wanting to establish a late-game farm.