[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Thats actually a sound suggestion. While it surely spawns frequently enough - it might be good idea to let us seal our doom by our own hands ;) Since we can harvest tiberium and it spreads on its own if not properly contained - only logical that we can just stick one or two in the ground to make it grow where we want it to)

Kenji

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 23, 2017, 05:34:47 PM
Red Alert is not really planned to be worked on at all, I meant by the "whole C&C universe" the whole Tiberium era universe.
And we actually have a lot of faction related art already that will be seperated in a faction mod part.
One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace!

It may be a little far from now, but in the future once the Forgotten faction is created, perhaps it'd be a great idea to allow some of the infected colonists some small chance to become a mutant instead of dying outright.

Edit: Actually, now that the mod already sets up existing technology for tiberium, perhaps some implants can be researched and crafted to achieve something similar to the Divination process of Nod on colonists? Making them immune to the crystals effects or even heal faster by being near the tiberium fields.

BlueLance213

I dont know if its really part of your plans, but what about injecting prisoners with a Tiberium Serum, to create an mindless monster? or create a Super-Human like Nod? Like a hit and a miss maybe if the superhumans are powerful they lose certain skills like being a doctor etc?

Telefonmast

Quote from: BlueLance213 on February 24, 2017, 05:37:19 AM
I dont know if its really part of your plans, but what about injecting prisoners with a Tiberium Serum, to create an mindless monster? or create a Super-Human like Nod? Like a hit and a miss maybe if the superhumans are powerful they lose certain skills like being a doctor etc?

Anything related to factions will be added to the factions mod part.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

NagaPrince

Damn wish I thought of this first lol, because I love the C&C Universe. I plan on trying this in another game in the future.

A suggestion I have is you should consider upgrading the Ion Storm to what it was famously for. It should essentially be literally, the combination of a Flash Storm, Eclipse, and Solar Flare all at once, lasting for approximately 2-8 hours typically. The Flash Storm would be on steroids, blasting crackling lightning strikes more frequently, with the sky becoming that characteristic orange-shroud we've seen in Tiberian Sun. Never more than an entire day lest max difficulty can do so.

The Ion Storm and your mod would be well served since you're so keen on representing the beautiful things from the universe. It would fit well lore-wise, and balance-wise, for lasting such a short interval of time can really display the lethality of it.

The major equilibrium against it, would be how significant is the presence of Tiberium on the World Map and your plot, relative to the size of the world overall. Mostly though, if your map is becoming infested the small Thrumbo-like chance of an Ion Storm occurring will go up dramatically. Since after all, the lore behind the Ion Storm is it due to gas-based Tiberium in the atmosphere causing the disruptions.

Great mod! Love the graphics!

EDIT: Do you plan on adding Tiberium moss, sludge, and other features, like the Vein holes and Floaters? It looks like your Tiberium is based upon the sequels after Tiberiun Sun, losing the pod characteristic of the Tiberium and that pure-crystal aesthetic. Would love to see both. http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberium?file=CNCTW-Tiberium-Growth.gif#Gases

Telefonmast

Quote from: NagaPrince on February 24, 2017, 06:06:07 PM
Damn wish I thought of this first lol, because I love the C&C Universe. I plan on trying this in another game in the future.
Welp ;P

A suggestion I have is you should consider upgrading the Ion Storm to what it was famously for. It should essentially be literally, the combination of a Flash Storm, Eclipse, and Solar Flare all at once, lasting for approximately 2-8 hours typically. The Flash Storm would be on steroids, blasting crackling lightning strikes more frequently, with the sky becoming that characteristic orange-shroud we've seen in Tiberian Sun. Never more than an entire day lest max difficulty can do so.
Added to issues, will be worked on.

EDIT: Do you plan on adding Tiberium moss, sludge, and other features, like the Vein holes and Floaters? It looks like your Tiberium is based upon the sequels after Tiberiun Sun, losing the pod characteristic of the Tiberium and that pure-crystal aesthetic. Would love to see both. http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberium?file=CNCTW-Tiberium-Growth.gif#Gases
Yes, a lot is being worked on to add variety.
Here are some previews: https://imgur.com/a/NBxwC
- My mod project

NagaPrince

Oh my god that is so beautiful. I'm so happy I've asked.

It makes me wanna mod GDI/NOD clothing into the game.

Madman666

This. IS. Awesome! Will you eventually add a way for tiberium to conquer snow?

Karrade

I love the idea of this mod, because it adds challenge to the game in a unique, managable way.
But I don't like the idea of it replacing all the raids by killing off pawns that attack. Because that'll make the game easier! :D

Does that happen?

Madman666

Quote from: Karrade on February 25, 2017, 05:01:50 AM
I love the idea of this mod, because it adds challenge to the game in a unique, managable way.
But I don't like the idea of it replacing all the raids by killing off pawns that attack. Because that'll make the game easier! :D

Does that happen?

It doesn't kill raids off instantly - if they need to go through a tiberium fields to get to you - they all come infected already - they'll be in a bit of pain and their stats reduced. You'll be unable to save most of them in time, because you need to amputate infected bodyparts. Sieges will pretty much die off if they land in the middle of the field though as well as guys that prepare for a long time before starting attacks. I wonder how devs will be working that around.

Telefonmast

Quote from: NagaPrince on February 25, 2017, 02:57:46 AM
Oh my god that is so beautiful. I'm so happy I've asked.

It makes me wanna mod GDI/NOD clothing into the game.
We already got clothing textures ready for the factions mod part that is to come.
;P

Quote from: Madman666 on February 25, 2017, 04:28:34 AM
This. IS. Awesome! Will you eventually add a way for tiberium to conquer snow?

Tiberium, lore wise, stays away from cold areas, we just made it not spread on tiles covered with snow. And since I'm unsure of creating own lore by making a new type of tib that would resist cold i dont think there will ever be snow resistant tiberium
- My mod project

Madman666

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply) Though I wouldn't be really against it, if you decided to add new properties, items and etc. to C&C concept)

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Telefonmast on February 25, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Tiberium, lore wise, stays away from cold areas, we just made it not spread on tiles covered with snow. And since I'm unsure of creating own lore by making a new type of tib that would resist cold i dont think there will ever be snow resistant tiberium

Now all we need is a snow machine.

willpill35

Not sure if this has been suggested already but could you make a new zone type that is similar to the growing zone but instead of telling it to grow something it just lets your growers know that the TIB in the zone is ready for harvest?

bobucles

QuoteJust call caravans for red crystals
Then you have to wait 4 days for a caravan that might not have a red crystal, then wait 8 days for the cooldown to the next carvan. Tiberium can run rampant in less than a month! That's also assuming you have the Comm console, which is another step of research.

Red and blue crystals can spread, but they aren't really dangerous. They have their value but the big challenge is in controlling Green tiberum. The sonic emitter could only shatter green tiberium and that's all a player would really need.

Some ideas that might help control Tiberium
- "Call tiberium harvesters"
Summon a faction to come and harvest Tiberium. They'll naturally seek out the primo goods first but will try to clear cut what they can. This might also be a random event when the map starts getting crowded.
- "making crystals grow on resources"
Tiberium is a resource harvesting alien plague. It doesn't make sense to grow crystals in areas without resources, as even red zones are covered in rocks and dirt. Take advantage of the subterran layer to include "tiberium veins" that may dramatically boost or hinder tiberium growth. This would drastically change the mod so that players can have safe spots and risky spots on their maps.
- "Manage tiberium" Job
Tiberium is dangerous so it deserves its own job. Otherwise your growers will be falling like flies.
- "Tiberium biomes" on globe
If possible, incorporate tiberium biomes into planet generation. Features can include dirty soil that rapidly spreads tiberium, toxic fallout to make travel risky, slow travel times, hostile wildlife, lots of initial tiberium spawns, etc. If biomes are too difficult, see if you can have a "tiberium infestation %" and/or "resource richness" to include on terrain information. Players can use these as difficulty settings whether they want to be close or far away from danger.