[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sliderpro

Quote from: Telefonmast on December 08, 2017, 06:32:59 PM
The fences do not check for Tiberium each tick.
It actually just creates a "protected area" and kills tib in that area on spawn of the fence and removes it on despawn, similar to what you described.
So there is no lag coming from those,

This mod itself should be compatible with every other mod, not sure why others should affect inhibitors at all.
Genius people think alike.

Dont know what is the problem, but ingibitors seem to randomly just stop working. Yesterday I even tried to remove and place ingibitor nearby and had "terrain cant support this" error. And I wasn't able to build new inhibitors anywhere, because it would say that terrain cant support this. Had to exit the game completely, fixed itself. The only explanation I have is that game becomes overloaded somehow and starts weird shit.

MercuryDoll

From what i tested so far, blue tiberium's moss is extremely invasive, quickly covering a lot of ground. If you get blue tiberium early game, you're sodomized. Green tiberium on the other hand didn't seem to grow at all. Red Tiberium didn't spread but grew more or less consistently. This was in a cold climate (permanent winter, summer barely reaches 14°C), mind you.
Also, tiberium poisoning's very weird, it instantly incaps even thrumbos just from wandering by. But for some reason if they manage to survive the "initial" stage (and malnutrition) and advance to "moderate", the impact is significantly lower and they tend to stand up again.

Telefonmast

Yeah I agree that the current Tiberium system is rather borked and tends to be game breaking.
Some behaviours you explain do not accord to what it should actually be, since there is no difference between the types except their spreading behaviour. Green and blue tiberium are basically identical, except you're talking about the green tiberium pod type.
And the initial state is supposed to be the worst which then improves on it's own.
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

SuicideRey

Pretty swell mod, quite fun to play around with. It's really fun constricting tiberium growth to use against your enemies, especially as NOD.
Any plans for some simple backstories to fit with the theme?

Telefonmast

- My mod project

Harry_Dicks

Do you think we could have a mod option to disable tiberium from poisoning? I know it's one of the whole ideas behind it, but that's the one thing holding me back from wanting to try it out.

Telefonmast

That is really unfortunate that players avoid it because of that..
While it currently is quite rough because it infects fast it is mostly an issue for caravans and raiders.

I will rework it tho to have it less effective, but still important.

And while I really think it just belongs to the gameplay, I suppose more options won't hurt anyone ;P
- My mod project

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 17, 2018, 05:06:47 PM
While it currently is quite rough because it infects fast it is mostly an issue for caravans and raiders.

And while I really think it just belongs to the gameplay, I suppose more options won't hurt anyone ;P

That would be great man. Maybe a slider, so you can change how much it affects, or have it so that it just slowly gives toxic buildup if you are close to it, like toxic fallout or something :)

Madman666

I really hope you guys go option route. I do understand people complaining about tiberium (it did get much more deadly), but it is supposed to be deadly and overwhelming. Otherwise it won't be tiberium anymore. You aren't supposed to gather it with bare hands like potatoes, sticking crystals in a sack and going home smiling. So I really hope it will be an option, not a permachange\nerf.

Tiberium moss on the other hand is infuriatingly fast to spread, harmful and also completely useless, so it could use a real nerf. And since it takes crapton of time to reclaim terrain back (and not even completely at that) - i really hope there will be more potent means of terrain reclamation at some point of mod's development.

MercuryDoll

Quote from: Telefonmast on January 17, 2018, 05:06:47 PM

From my experience, anything that's within range more than 10 seconds (or 1 second at 10 large crystals, as their effect seems to stack) without protective gear or some boosting effects (bionics, drugs etc) is guaranteed downed and thus dead. Medicine for treatment and especially food cost is extremely high trying to save anyone, as they are constantly vomiting. I had a faction go from friendly to hostile because a caravan marched through the area, they all died quickly except one muffalo which i kept on lifesupport for a week before i gave up on them having wasted as much kibble as my Oni would eat throughout the year.
In my opinion, the initial stage being similar to cryptosleep sickness and then evolving into that stage would be better, but eh. We could definitely use some sort of area marker to let friendly pawns like caravans avoid the area, or have it pop up that "afraid of danger" notice so you could deny them access to your map at least.

Another thing i would like seeing in coming versions is an effective way to cleanse the area of large crystals and glaciers, as well as purify water. Perhaps mining machines that slowly grind away the large crystals (like mining bots that you have to build around them and take like a year to completely grind it up), and water purifier that filter the tiberium out of the nearby water (like the moisture pump).

Also facilities are pretty huge. But other than that, i'm liking collecting crystals for resources, though i wish they'd be more than just a straight up vanilla resource conversion.

kubolek01

In terms of crystal breaking, just overload it with gunfire. Or melee weapons if you have TPS. They are destroyable at all!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

getfreur

If possible make some type of drones that the GDI and NOD use for trade transport and combate.

Madman666

What I would like to see is a slight research rework. Because right now you can't even put a dent into tib, if you don't get green one to spawn first and unlock research bench. For example in my run first to spawn was a veinhole (which apparently now causes rapid tiberium poisoning instead of some harmless bruises) and I can't do anything about it spreading, because I don't have appropriate research. I destroyed the veinhole itself, but whats left spreads and all i can do is watch, most growers just drop before they can finish cutting it.

Canute

If you start with one of the 3 scenarios, you should start with tiberium protection suit/helmet.
Maybe you start your own scenario and didn't got this equipment.

Madman666

Quote from: Canute on January 21, 2018, 05:00:12 PM
If you start with one of the 3 scenarios, you should start with tiberium protection suit/helmet.
Maybe you start your own scenario and didn't got this equipment.

The mod is supposed to be playable with vanilla scenarios and i don't really want to start with tib already on the map and spreadin, not to mention getting equipment you shouldn't have. Player needs either an option to prepare (research) before anything tib related shows up, or he needs a way to do research regardless of what kind of tib falls downs first. Luckily it seems that issue will be worked on in the big update.