Sea Ice Community Challenge!

Started by Rhadamant, December 29, 2016, 04:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhadamant

Hi fellow RimWorlders!

I propose the following challenge to all of you. The challenge is, simply, to survive by any means possible. You'll start out with a single predetermined pawn, Engie, who has amazing traits and great stats. You'll get the same resources you'd receive in a 'The Rich Explorer' scenario, but no pet. I can't wait to hear your stories, good luck.

Challenge Save File: http://bit.ly/2hAbUCq
Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJm7oMm4ZFo

Save Game folder location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios

*Note that your drive letter may be different on your computer and the UserName will most certainly be different.

Good luck!!

etoire

Apparently I'm pretty bad at this style of game. I survived a few nights until some traders appeared. I sold them some stuff, bought some stuff, standard rules, you know?

Then all five of their muffalo barged into my room and started eating my survival rations. I whipped my charge rifle out and loosed a battle cry... shot down a muffalo, moved onto the next, and their handlers knew I was out for blood. It broke down into all out war, and in the end... well, blood loss.

Rhadamant

Quote from: etoire on December 29, 2016, 09:26:15 PM
Apparently I'm pretty bad at this style of game. I survived a few nights until some traders appeared. I sold them some stuff, bought some stuff, standard rules, you know?

Then all five of their muffalo barged into my room and started eating my survival rations. I whipped my charge rifle out and loosed a battle cry... shot down a muffalo, moved onto the next, and their handlers knew I was out for blood. It broke down into all out war, and in the end... well, blood loss.

HAHAHAHA!!! You're my hero. That's hilarious

NeverPire

I have already play a whole gme until the spaceship in Cassandra Extreme in Banquise (in the northest tile I have found with a -54°C average temperature) so I can afford some warmer Sea Ice I think.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Kyna Tiona

Damn.

And it was going so well.

[Cough] Anyway! So, had I realized sooner how quickly the temperature would dip when fall started (from -80 to -120 in at most three days), I think I actually would've made it out just fine. I've done sea ice before, and this was looking like it would eventually end up being the same thing but with more expensive parkas.

...Of course, it took me three attempts to get down what I had to do to not die of hypothermia within the first minute and a half of play, and four more attempts after that to figure out what sequence of buildings I could construct to stay warm and have research with the horrifically limited resources at hand, but. Once you're set up, basically the same, right?

A single bulk trade ship would've done it easily, really. Too bad trade ships are technically a positive incident, so as if Cassandra wasn't already a jerk (think I'd take Randy, honestly!), Cassandra on extreme is...yeah. I just barely caught a pirate merchant as I was setting up the comm console and beacon and had to brave a few seconds of major hypothermia to haul my silver over in order to buy the expensive (but as you can see, not expensive enough) clothes you see there. I did not see another trade ship since. And I have a mod that just blanket increases trade ship incidents, too...

Fun challenge! I might give it another go, but spending three hours on a thing that goes kaput and effectively deletes my progress doesn't sit well with me, so any further attempts would be non-permadeath. Which is invalidating the challenge, and thus not going to show up here. Thanks for posting!

Thyme

This thread somehow got created two times. The other one is already at page 10ish. Link
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak