Teenage Colonists without Adulthood Backstories? [RimKids]

Started by O Negative, December 29, 2016, 05:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Negative

I decided to start up a new game, and one of my random 3 is a 17 y/o male with the childhood backstory of "Sheltered Child"
Yet, no adulthood backstory (only makes sense, I guess, given the age)

I noticed he had very few passions, and wasn't restricted on much at all.
I can't help but to wonder... Is this one step closer to having children and character development in the game?
Are systems being built which will determine the adulthood backstory for pawns, as the game progresses?
Am I just reading way too much into this? Probably!

Let me know what you guys think ;D

Jakub k.

some for me,my character started at the age of 14,is now 17 (i used the prepare carefully mod),but i trained mine to be quite skilled.i mean,he killed 5 cyther mechanoids in his lifetime,thats a life goal,lol
I do hope tynan adds children,not for using them for hauling or cleaning for the colony (well.. >:D) but for the emotional stories that go with surviving with a useless child

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Hieronymous Alloy

Technicallly you could have colonists that young previously, they just had "adult" backstories, which could get a little exploity if you used prepare carefully to make everyone 15 years old with adult careers. I think it just seemed illogical so he fixed it.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

O Negative

You're probably right, in all honesty lmao.

I just like to get excited :)

Limdood

does anyone know if passions can CURRENTLY be gained and/or lost through the course of play?

Jakub k.

hawkinator

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think Tynan is probably planning on adding kids to the game. If you go to {your rimworld folder}\Mods\Core\Defs\Misc\LifeStageDefs\LifeStages.xml you'll find a set of defs for baby, toddler, child, teenager, and adult humanlikes, in the same file that defines things about the animal life stages (baby, juvenile, adult)

skullywag

Do they get adult backstories when they come of age? they should get a special rimworlder backstory (passions in high skill areas when coming of age maybe) and some random traits, a reward for staying alive in their teenage years maybe.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: skullywag on December 30, 2016, 02:50:20 PM
Do they get adult backstories when they come of age? they should get a special rimworlder backstory (passions in high skill areas when coming of age maybe) and some random traits, a reward for staying alive in their teenage years maybe.

That would be excellent! Great suggestion for a future build at the very least.

TimTumm

I had a ten (I am guessing 19, since he is 20 now) pawn who's title was Scared. :)
I was hoping he would gain an adult background when he turned 20, but he did not.  It would have been awesome if he had gained one based on his duties in the colony.