Enemy factions/World editor/Loyalty update?

Started by Aristxtle, July 23, 2016, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristxtle

I have an idea that I'm sure people have already suggested because I'm not very creative lol
I was thinking of a revamp of the raiding system in which you can raid enemy bases. If you successfully defeat them they are wiped from the map. I was also thinking of a "Loyalty" system where if a colonist dislikes other settlers or dislikes living conditions they can abandon you and start another colony that you can trade with and/or will raid you. Essentially creating a new raider faction. This way, if you defeat all the other raider groups you won't be invincible. They could also possibly keep the technology you have researched. Also perhaps adding a way to have multiple colonies on a single planet? So you are raided by some of your other colonies. There could also be a new diplomacy system to increase relationships with the raiders by trading or donations, maybe a minigame of guessing what their personality is and trying to, "impress" them. These features would add more depth to the opposing groups and could make them more interesting and less black and white than, "They're bad guys that want to kill you"

I feel like Steam Workshop for Rimworld is a bit lacking right now, I understand that it's brand new on steam but, there are only three different types of workshop items that can be uploaded as of now. Adding a way to upload user colonies and maybe even expanding the scenario editor into a full on world editor where you could set up specific factions, edit how powerful they are, their bases, etc.

I feel like many other players would love these features implemented. If anyone reading this likes these concepts please let me know. Also, inform me if I am just restating what someone else has already suggested.

Thank you!

--edit--

I have not played Rimworld since Alpha 11 so some features may already be implemented. I've only played Alpha 14 for about 2 hours now.

Aristxtle

Holy crap! Most of the stuff I suggested was added! That's cool.