Rimworld Economic Analysis of Firearm Exports

Started by brcruchairman, June 30, 2016, 02:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Gonzo

Request vor further papers.
Interessting Items for trading: cooked food -> (Quality of Meal + Ingriedients) - raw materials cost = profit/loss
2. Drugs: Raw Materials selling price vs. manufactured drugs selling price. Mind the need to buy neutramines for complex drugs.
3. Armchairs -> mass produced from renewable ressources like cloth, devilstrad and alpaca wool.
4. simple weapons -> meele and simple range weapons (for example bows).

I think there is a high demand on actual accurate numbers for trading reasons. The rimwiki does not provide insight on actual trading prices and possible profits, also some numbers does not match up with the ingame numbers.

I personaly appreciate your work and troubles to provide accurate insights in the trading-game-mechanics.

I got one suggestion for further analyses.
Instead of gathering masses of data its possible to look up the data in the files (with note++ for expample). the math for calculating selling prices  i think is 75% of the market value. With that in mind its possible to calculate profits/losses, based on the numbers in the files. The remaining work would be to check the calculated numbers on a sample basis in game.

Hieronymous Alloy

This is a really good post, thanks.

Did you check melee weapons too, or just ranged ones? You can make melee weapons out of wood which might change the math a bit.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

Thyme

I skipped the majority of page 1, the following might have been said already:
The main reason I craft weapons is to get higher quality guns for my colonists (100% sniper rifle and such), all the excess (read: lower quality) gets sold off because I have no use for it anway. Same goes for my clothing industry, selling used stuff is cheaper and less time consuming than cremating it. That said, I think the only way to make money is with refining your own resources (either mined or grown) into a manufactured product.
Did you account for the time spent crafting all the weapons? If your costs stays marginally below your profit, it's still a loss.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak