[A16] fert. eggs => npc trade caravan => wildlife chicks

Started by 14m1337, December 29, 2016, 11:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14m1337

What the circumstances were:
I had a bunch of fertilized chicken eggs at approx. 90% that I sold to a npc trade caravan.

What happened:
The chicks completely hatched and were then considered as "wildlife".

What you expected to happen:
The hatched chicks should have been aligned to the trade caravan.

Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine.
Spawn fertilized chicken eggs. Spawn a trade caravan willing to buy these eggs. Sell the eggs to the caravan. Check the hatched chicks.

savegame
The attached savegame is the original savefile, just a few ingame hours before the already sold eggs are hatched. Be careful when opening, I'm using ~25 mods.

As I can reproduce this behavior in a new game, I assume it is not related to any of the mods that I'm using.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

14m1337

and here is my output_log.txt

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.

Tynan

If the code is simple, yes we should give the hatched creatures to the owner of the eggs.

If the code is not simple, we'll need to think harder.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

14m1337

Hi Tynan, nice to see you here :)

I don't know exactly how fertilized eggs are classified at the moment, but what about simply classifying them as animals as soon as they're fertilized? This way they would already belong to a faction, and if sold they would change the faction similar to already-living animals. AND you would not have to invent a new system.

Of course you could expand this idea, with a chicken-a.i. that's a little bit advanced: they would prefer a dry and warm place for laying their eggs.

and, to be honest, this feature doesn't have to be added at once, maybe more in next alpha, or in the one after that. also I think, the "bug" (if you want to call it one) will be encountered only very rarely - just because nobody who wants to build up a chicken farm will sell the eggs.

ison