[A16] Slavers don't sell slaves

Started by Primal Lord, December 30, 2016, 04:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primal Lord

Hi there, for the past few days slavers on my saves haven't been selling slaves, i had dev mode on as i loaded one of my saves and noticed the error which pops multiple times a second, i've tried solving it myself but cant figure it out, unfortunately i don't know how to recreate this problem because i assumed A16 just lowered the possibility slavers sold slaves since it started shortly after updating. What's odder is it seems to have something to do with the game not rendering an explosion?
QuoteSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Explosion.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ExplosionManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full output log below.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

harpo99999

the storytellers have a limit of pawns in the colony at a time, it might be that you have near the max pawn count and the tellers can not supply pawns

Primal Lord

I play on Mr Random, and at the moment i have 12 pawns, 6 male and 6 female, 8 of them obtained from converted raiders, on my other save i believe i was around 10 too, is the max pawn limit that small?
Edit: after starting a new game with all of the same mods loaded and dev consoling full colony (28 pawns), i have yet to get the error yet, will try and get a slaver to appear and see if error returns

harpo99999

cassie has  the counts of min 4 preferred of 13 and a max of 18
phoebe has the counts of min 4 preferred of 13 and a max of 18
and
randie has  the counts of min 4 preferred of 15 and a max of 50

as I understand the operation the storyteller tries to get the pawn count to the min  fairly quickly, and allows the counts up to the preferred and begrudges the increase of pawns to the max,
so with 12  pawns you should still be getting the odd droppod victim and capturing some of the raiders, but the error messages in the log are definitly odd

Primal Lord

I do indeed get the semi-rare dropped victim and i haven't been able to not capture raiders yet, perhaps the errors are not from the slavers not selling slaves but rather from a raid i suffered earlier where a turret blew up causing a line of about 10 more to blow up at the same time causing the game to hang for a minute? That's the only thing related to an explosion i can think of, but i don't understand why that would continue giving me errors even after they're long gone (i dismantled most of my turrets save 2 automated outposts).