If I switch from the Development mode to stable A16 will I lose saves?

Started by daduhweewah, December 30, 2016, 12:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daduhweewah

I have a 400 day old file I don't want to lose but I am having a bunch of script popping up on my screen in the development mode (it is red type with black background and all I can ever see is "wait" as the order for the pawn at the end of the script and it says development somewhere in the beginning (I think, I could be wrong on that)

So I wanted to try and switch from the development mode to the normal branch, both are A16 obv, just curious if I would lose my file if I do this.

Ty for help in advance

daduhweewah

No one?

Also, after trying to read some of it when it pops up, it says Development Console at the top, and has a list of scripts usually saying wait at the end and a pawns name at the beginning, and on the right it has a close and clear button but clicking close (if I am actually able to click it in time feels like I am) does nothing but closes thato ne, then the box pops up again, it is making the game unplayable due to just being annoying.

Have 3 colonies with 48-28 and 14 people and have approx. 60 animals so I am sure it is the reason the box is popping up, performance has bogged  down a bit due to the size of the game, running 2x speed is starting to skip a bit and I haven't ran the full speed in a long time on the game, but had been running 2x at all times.

Once again, any help greatly appreciated.

skullywag

I think i just replied in your other thread, i think they are both build 1393 so you should be fine, if youre getting bugs upload your log file but if your version doesnt say 1393 in top left corner of the main menu then you are on a old version and should update anyway.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

daduhweewah

I am definitely in A16 and on the unstable branch and on 1393.

I am not really getting bugs just the scripts that are going crazy, and since they are titled development console and I am in the "development" branch, I thought there might be a slim chance switching to the stable branch might makes those stay hidden. Though the performance has gotten bad enough that I think I may have to start a new game soon anyways, or kill off all my pawns that are not worth much.

I thank you for the response.

skullywag

there are no errors that are hidden, if youre getting errors they should be reported, as i stated in your other thread, upload your output.log here and we can take a look.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?