RimWorld is not Earth = not 24 hours/planet revolution

Started by Sion, April 10, 2014, 03:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarrke

Yeah but, what if we can just build floor on the gaz giant, like islands on the sea, staying up thanks to powerfull gravitational fields. Then aren't we build upon the gaz giant ?

So that can be possible, just imagine it.

Sion

Quote from: Dr. Z on April 11, 2014, 12:20:51 PM
Wow Sion, you took me way to seriously...
I'm not really serious, more like realistic  :P
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

ousire

Quote from: Sion on April 11, 2014, 05:00:04 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on April 11, 2014, 12:20:51 PM
Wow Sion, you took me way to seriously...
I'm not really serious, more like realistic  :P

A space age western colony game is not the right place for realism :P This is a game where the lore already contains transcendent machine gods and super intelligent animal people, is colonizing a gas giant really all that unrealistic in comparison?

Personally, I think it might not be the most suitable for a game like rimworld, but I think it would be quite an interesting challenge mod. Imagine starting on a floating platform, and you cannot build anything in the world around you beyond that platform without first building more platforms a la constructing floors or carpets. And those floors would collapse into the void below unless they were within X blocks of a support you had to build, some sort of air sail or a rocket or a balloon or something, like how you would get a cave in without having walls in the right spots.

Sion

I think we should start a new thread about colonizing gas planets and stuff, and move most of the replies there?
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.