[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

when that happens to me I click on the lamp and pres the 'b' button that tells the game to connect to another nearby power lead, then click on the next building(heater/light/aircon,etc) and again press the 'b' till it connects to what I want it to

Haplo

If your lamp connects to the wrong side of the power switch, turn off the switch and reconnect the lamp until it connects to the correct cable.
Afterwards the connection will stay where it is :)

Stonn

Does it work fine with adding the mod to an existing colony? I literally just found out about this mod and am so hyped about the possibility to use it with Sun Lamps =D

Haplo

It shouldn't be a problem to add this to an existing colony.

harpo99999

Quote from: Haplo on December 01, 2015, 09:26:26 AM
It shouldn't be a problem to add this to an existing colony.
I have added haplo's power switches to existing colonies and only had to dismantle existing switches and re-build the switches so that the switches (that were in the colony before) gain all the functions

toric

instead of making a new item for the hidden cable, would it be possible for the research to simply remove the beauty penalty from cables? (or reduce it) i like to be able to see my cables.

TheNewTeddy

I tried this (with a few other mods, so I can't guarantee this was fully the fault of this particular mod) and upon installing the game paused, and would re-pause itself every tick until I turned off the mod.
sig

harpo99999

Quote from: TheNewTeddy on December 12, 2015, 02:15:13 PM
I tried this (with a few other mods, so I can't guarantee this was fully the fault of this particular mod) and upon installing the game paused, and would re-pause itself every tick until I turned off the mod.
[/quote}had you started a new game or dis-assembled and re-assembled the switches in use?, I can not say I have ever seen a mod causing pauses on each tick, but there is a dev mode option for errors to pause, perhaps this option is on?

Haplo

Quote from: toric on December 05, 2015, 01:15:54 PM
instead of making a new item for the hidden cable, would it be possible for the research to simply remove the beauty penalty from cables? (or reduce it) i like to be able to see my cables.

To make the invisible cables visible, just make the following change:
File: ...\RimWorldAlpha12dWin\Mods\PowerSwitch\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Power_PowerConduit_Invisible.xml
Open with a texteditor and change the following line:
Old:
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Linked/Alpha_Atlas</texPath>

New:
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Linked/PowerConduit_Atlas</texPath>

TheNewTeddy

yes, I have dev mode on; but that simply means there is an error every single tick.
sig

Haplo

Hmm, this is a code part from Alpha 11.
In Alpha 12 there is no longer GenTime but GenDate.

I've seen that I didn't update the sourcecode in the mod.
I'll do that in the next few days, sorry about that.

But this error should only appear if you use the alpha 11 version with alpha 12, or if you've compiled the source code?

Edit:
Found the problem: You've downloaded it from Nexus, didn't you? I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten to update the version there to alpha 12 :(

Haplo

NonEssential Update:

-I've updated the SourceCode to reflect the code of Alpha 12
-I've uploaded the mod to Nexus (I've seem to forgotten to upload it there. There still was the alpha 11 version up.. Sorry :( )
-The WallSwitch-Test is still integrated (I think..)

TheNewTeddy

sig

Megafly

Man, this mod rocks! It's truly a must have for this game.

Can I make a request? I could really use a switch that is temperature driven, like a thermostate. I always play on the death-cold maps, and auto control of temperature would be sooooooooo nice (like it is for lamps now).

So, if possible, could you upgrade the switches to behave like a double set thermostate? I mean, power up or power down *below* threshold, or the same for *above* threshold.

Ty much,

Mega.