[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Quote from: Mathenaut on April 26, 2016, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: Haplo on April 26, 2016, 08:50:00 AM
Yes indeed it is working as intended. The reason the enemy switch is only flickable and not autoswitching is that it should effectively be a colonist that detects the raid and he/she will then switch it. So the switch is only a helper ;)

Doesn't that defeat the entire point of the feature? If it has to be done manually anyways, then this part isn't doing anything.

Overall, I like the mod. Some of the research gates seem arbitrary though.
The colonist still needs to flick the switch but you don't have to designate it to be switch manually. No more forgetting to switch on those turrets until it's too late.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

Finally updated to alpha 14 (non-Steam)  8)

I've finally found some time to update this for the non-steam forum.
Sorry that it took this long..

Quad

Quick question:

Is it safe outside in the rain without a roof? Or would there be a chance of an electrical short event?
With the new alpha I know it's easy now to build a one cell wall with a 2 cell over hanging roof now but still just curious.

BTW big fan of this mod you've done a stellar job :) so thanks.

Elysium

This mod is great, I use it for controlling a sun lamp to turn off when resting occurs.

Monzer

Ok great mod thanks for the efforts . I setup a powerswitch to my production room with motion 7 feet , when the colonist have to craft and the power off he is idle because power is off not sure if that can be fixed because they just think that power is off . but it works great for my medical room as they dont need power for hospital beds when they bring a patient the heater , lambs , monitor goes on .

harpo99999

haplo, is there any chance for an update to a15?

Haplo

harpo99999

grffnhwk

I'm loving this mod.  Discovering new fun ways of saving power every game.  Here's my latest and favorite:
Setup 2 timer controlled switches side by side.  Input uncontrolled power coming in to the first switch set for turn on 17h - 08h.  Set the second switch to be on 04h - 22h. Build a conduit out of the 2nd switch and hook your pawns room lights up.  Now the lights will only be on from 04h - 08h and 17h - 22h.  The main hours that the pawns would be messing around in their rooms.  It's so nice having this much control over their power use. 

Also means your night owls get to sleep in the dark too. :)

faltonico

Hello there!
First of all, thank you for all your work, i really apreciatte it! (=
But I might be getting blind (too much late night play), i don't see any of the automated switches! Dx
I did all of the research, i and got all the other stuff this mod does, ¿where are they supposed to be? I'm using the version for Alpha 15.

Thank you!

Edit:
NVM -_-'
In the description you didn't say you must not connect them to wires for them to work as automated switches.
But it works great! this is a game changer =)

mazacik

Would you consider adding a short-range hostiles detection option? It would help during prison breaks, as an example.

harpo99999

any chance of updating this must have to play mod?

asquirrel

Missing those hidden power conduits for Alpha 16.  It's like something that should have been in the game at the beginning.  Also that circuit breaker mod. Zzzt.

Tinkerer

Haplo

Sorry, I've forgotten to update the Forum, so here it is:

The UPDATE to Alpha 16
Better late then never... 8)