[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaWayne

i dont now if it is your mod but i have a big problem.
first. everything is fine. it is awesome and i fucking LOVE it^^ but if i have to restart the game and load my world... im fucked. my lights going crazy. on off on off on off all the time. ok chill out emma. just deconstruct the powerswitch... nothing happens. deconstruct the lights... uhm wtf? there is no light installed but it is still going on off on off.

restart the game or/and power goes to zero = fucked.

i have to start a new game.

as allways. i know my english is fucked but can someone help me?

thx Emma :)

edit:
im using the switch for mostly every room i have. sometimes i place the switch to turn off everything in the room, somtimes i place them to only turn off the lights and let the nutrient go on
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

harpo99999

I also have had ONE  switch set to colonist(initially), connected to a metal post then a single light have the light flicker on and off, even after changing the switch to always on, I disassembled the light and connected the light directly to the wire and problem stopped flickering, perhaps it is something to do with walls that are isolated from the power grid only getting power through the switch?

Haplo

As I ve looked into the loading issue, I stumbled over another much more serious problem.
If you have a lamp or such directly connected to the switch and then switch it, the game crashes.
I've searched and tinkered, but didn't find an solution for it yet. Right now I ve request some help, but until this issue is fixed, I don't really recommend the use of my mod. Or if you do, be extremely careful, that the consumer don't connect directly to the switch.
I'm sorry about that and will hopefully have a solution soon..

I'm sorry, but due to an unfortunate part, the mod will most likely be suspended until alpha 7 is released.
Sorry, but it isn't save until then..

Sakata

Well drat.
This mod is part of my "absolutely must have" list.
Hopefully will be working in A7

Jaxxa

Thanks for making this mod.

Issues aside it is really helpful for managing power, and can still be used if you are careful about what you connect to it.

Hope you can get it sorted for Alpha 7, good luck.

Baroni

Something is wrong with power switches after game reloading - after building some switches and reloading my base blinks like christmas tree. Nothing helps (deconstructing, re-constructing, etc.). Only solution is restoring game from previous save (when this mod is not activated)

Haplo

Please take a look at the main post.
Because of a game breaking bug, that's not fixable in alpha 6, I recommend to not use this mod for now.
I can't really do anything about it. Sorry..

bullet

bug appears when you save your game when the switches are in any mode like  off and then load game. It can be fixed in the same way without selling. hard Switch On all the switches and save game (wait several sec)\ load your game.

If this bug is appears, sell lamps only  after a power outage. Otherwise, visual light glitches will be remain

Haplo

Yes it is unusable in alpha 6.
Please tell me if it still appears in the alpha 7 version.
Hopefully it is fixed there..  :)

Haplo

zadelpen

Not working for me in Alpha 7.

It seems to work without any problems at first, but then suddenly the connected consumers won't go on anymore. I had a lot of lights connected to circuit switched by a motion sensor.

Haplo

Can you provide a screenshot of your configuration?
What does the switch say? Is it green? What is shown in the info panel of the switch?
Do you have enough power to provide for the lamps?

sanya02

Haplo

I have removed them, as it was a bit to much hassle for too little gain in alpha 5.
I still have the code for walls with integrated switches, but it needs a bit of fine tuning if I wanted to reintegrate them again.
Essentially it is a ready wall with the functionality of the switch.
Not too hard to do, but not done due to low demand..

sanya02

In the wall better! he does not take place) Lamp with automatic switch Off, switch to another energy source((((