[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

fyi the HEATERS have a heat to temp, the air cons have a cool to temp, the vents allow slow equalization of the temps between two rooms (but has an interesting effect if there is a room between two vents (have seen this a couple of times where the middle room between two vents gets into negative temps without power consumption in a heat wave in summer when the rooms on both sides are in the thirties))

Megafly

Quote from: harpo99999 on January 12, 2016, 04:09:52 AM
fyi the HEATERS have a heat to temp, the air cons have a cool to temp, the vents allow slow equalization of the temps between two rooms (but has an interesting effect if there is a room between two vents (have seen this a couple of times where the middle room between two vents gets into negative temps without power consumption in a heat wave in summer when the rooms on both sides are in the thirties))

I am not stupid, I know how to set the heaters and coolers. The problem is that when temp outside is -70C, the heaters can't handle the job and I have to manually start flicking up auxiliary units or loose many crops to freezing. That's where some thermostates would come in handy.

I dont like the idea of hot rooms to pull hot air with vents, they are just a waste of energy when not in use.

So, by the end, that's a no?

Haplo

I'm not sure right now.
As the actual switch is rather full with informations, this would need a new switch.
The integration itself shouldn't be too difficult, it's more of a time problem (personal free time is rare right now and there are a few other things to work on) and maybe an 'is it really usefull' problem..
I'll think about it, but don't promise anything for now..

waffleface

I researched the 'automatic power switch', but it's not showing up under Power or Misc. Where can I find it? My only next researches are timed switches or automatic enemy switch.

Finished research: http://i.imgur.com/MXTdA4p.png

Power menu: http://i.imgur.com/QH41ETG.png

harpo99999

it is additional functions when you select a switch, and additional functions are added to the switch controls when they are researched

Darkhymn

Quote from: waffleface on January 30, 2016, 02:15:24 PM
I researched the 'automatic power switch', but it's not showing up under Power or Misc. Where can I find it? My only next researches are timed switches or automatic enemy switch.

Finished research: http://i.imgur.com/MXTdA4p.png

Power menu: http://i.imgur.com/QH41ETG.png

It's not a new switch. The mod changes the existing switches. Any switch now will have a power on/off option as well as an option to have the power automatically turn on when it detects movement in the room.

waffleface

Then I guess it's not workin' right, or I'm missing something, because my existing switches still look like this: http://i.imgur.com/CLYoH3i.png

Edit: For what it's worth, i'm on A12D, and using the last available download of this mod

Haplo

You have added this mod to an existing save game, didn't you? Because that is a vanilla power switch. The new power switches show a bit more in the description field.
You need to deconstruct and rebuild the switch, so that the game uses the new switch code.

harpo99999

sorry, haplo, but the quick means of noticing if your switch is active is that the switch is at the right hand end of the power devices, the stock switch is further to the left (usually about the third or fourth button)

waffleface

Quote from: Haplo on January 31, 2016, 01:22:49 AM
You have added this mod to an existing save game, didn't you? Because that is a vanilla power switch. The new power switches show a bit more in the description field.
You need to deconstruct and rebuild the switch, so that the game uses the new switch code.

Yep, that did the trick! Thanks

lbee

Hi @Haplo,
I like this mod to automate everything for power save. I setup for my Doc room, I want when pawn in this room so light and heater/cooler active. But your switch not worked. I used motion dectection but when pawn lying in bed, it OFF. Try motion detect 7-tile but it active even others pawn running outsite of room. Please help to add new function: Detect pawn exist in room.

Thanks for hard work.

harpo99999

you DID build the switch after activating the switch mod?
in my experience the otion detecting switch DOES detect pawns sleeping in a room when in motion detect in room mode (note not the motion detect in range mode)

Acruid

Unofficial A13 update until Haplo returns. The updated source is included, for anyone that wants to improve the code to properly support CompFlickable being seperated from buildings in A13.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

harpo99999

thank you,and I hope our master modder haplo returns soon

Haplo

Thank you for all your work in the time I needed to update this :)

Now I've finally done it and updated it to alpha 13! 8)
You can download it like always on the first page and please let me know if you find any bugs.