Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decomg

yessssssssssssssssss

thanks for the update on the best mod

;D

Haplo

Quote from: Tynan on June 04, 2014, 02:37:55 PM
Unfortunately this isn't really easy to get around. The code for handling overlapping buildings and frames is already somewhat difficult so it's not trivial to make a power line that can go under a wall. In fact, it is on my 'to do' list for... eventually.

Thanks for the quick answer :)
So I'll let it be for now and work a bit more on my other projects. Sorry, that it doesn't work as wanted..

Gladdig_Kaga

How about just adding a non-conducting version of the two walls and then just adding the price of a powerline to the conducting versions?

anikaiful

Tuvka

It would be nice if added the ability to shoot the turrets hostile animals. Only I'm not sure that it depends on the switch.

Haplo

Nope, the changes for that need to be done in the turret-code :)
The switch itself just cuts the power supply.

Tuvka

I thought so, will have to wait modes Vanilla +

LZPanzer

for the sensors (particularly enemy sensor) can we get a dettection circle likewhat is used for the turrets range?

Haplo

It wouldn't work as the circle is always 1/3 of the map size big.
Only when you're farthest away you may see it fully :)
If the need for it really is there, maybe I 'll do it, but right now I just don't have the time for it. Sorry.

Ivia

I just wondering if it's possible to make emergency power function?
Like if the switch detect there're no power source in it's grid, them it'll switch on?

Haplo

I think it is possible. Right now I don't know how easily that's doable, but maybe yes.
I think there was already a request for that, but I haven't time yet to look into it as there where too many other things to do lately :)
The main Problem is, that the PowerSwitch can't check the power in itself when it's off, as it isn't connected to a power grid in that mode. But maybe I can check the four sides for a powernet and check their power transfer value. Not sure how easy that's doable, but it is on my todo list. Just not that far at the top right now..

Haplo

Alpha 4F compatibility checked, no update needed :)

WMP

@tynan: Could you include this mod to Alpha5? Please ;)

Sakata

This seems neat.  The only thing I would like to see is if there is an ability to turn on/off other objects (mainly power producers) based on power storage capacity.

knoedel90

it would be nice, if i could Auto switch off my work benches if nobody uses them.
but if i try to, People wont work on them because they are off.

another idea would be a power Switch that recognices if it's rainy outside. so you could use electronic things like sun lamp and distress beacon.
but maybe this one is not needed if the glaswork mod is finished.