Cannot help ancient survivor

Started by Sirportalez, December 30, 2016, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirportalez

I have opend a cryo casket in an ancient ruin and he ran straight to my hospital. Now he is puking all over the place, has malnutrition and an infection. It seems my doctors don't care about him because he is, and I'm quoting here, 'not one of ours'.
I would like to help him, he is a good miner.

JuicyPVP

On his visitor tab did you select what treatment he can receive?

Primal Lord

Looks like you'll have to take him prisoner first (i can tell he's not already because the hospital beds are blue and not orange), the doctor will fix him up, and then you can have your warden convince him to join.

Sirportalez

He had no visitor tab and I could not take him prisoner.

Shurp

I ran into the same problem with a vault survivor -- ran to a hospital bed, jumped in, no tab to set health status.  Is this a peculiarity to them?  I haven't been playing A16 long enough to see how non-vault NPCs behave when injured.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Primal Lord

Thinking about it now, i had a similar problem with a prisoner i released who went berserk just before they could leave the map, got knocked out by my guards, got back up and went into the prison i made and i couldn't do anything with / to her. I solved the problem by shooting her into shock and retaking her prisoner, then she started working properly again... i guess in short... try shooting them and hope you don't kill them? Looks like it might be a legitimate bug.

Sirportalez

Na he died shortly after the screenshot. Stripped him before to get un-D'd clothes and gold. Payment for cleaning his mess.

14m1337

this (it seems to be a bug, look here for some more discussion about a similar case) is quite easy to handle, if one just knows about it ...

1. make the bed he is lying in a non-medical bed
2. assign a colonist to rescue the new one
3. in his new bed, your doctors should be able to treat him now
4. reassign the bed from step 1 to be a medical bed again
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Sirportalez

That I will do next time, didn't think about it. But does this work on a hospital bed?

14m1337

good point. don't know. only saw this problem once, with a wooden bed signed as hospital bed.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Sirportalez

Catastrophy

If all else fails, try to hit them over the head. Repeatedly. Eventually they will bow before you and you can schedule the health plan.

Thyme

Sewing the threads together:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29312

A note to 14m1337s post: You can reassign the bed immediately, the pawn won't get in the bed on his own (when he's incapacitated - if not, use a club ;))
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak