Squeamish trait

Started by SilentP, December 30, 2016, 11:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentP

In another post a player mentioned having a squeamish trait that would prevent pawns from wearing dead man's clothes.  I think this is a great idea and believe the trait could be taken a step further.

A pawn with the squeamish trait would be less effective in combat, possibly vomit at the sight of corpses, refuse to butcher animals and maybe refuse to clean.

What do you think?

OFWG

Quote from: SilentP on December 30, 2016, 11:36:37 AM
In another post a player mentioned having a squeamish trait that would prevent pawns from wearing dead man's clothes.  I think this is a great idea and believe the trait could be taken a step further.

A pawn with the squeamish trait would be less effective in combat, possibly vomit at the sight of corpses, refuse to butcher animals and maybe refuse to clean.

What do you think?

Actually I'd support this; the dead man's clothes thing is stupid in general but make a Squeamish pawn refuse to use them at all. I also like the idea of not allowing them to butcher. Cleaning could also be affected, but preferably only for yucky cleanup (so they could clean up say rubble but not say amniotic fluid).
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Anomaly

Good idea. Though I'm starting to think traits which are just mental blocks should erode over time. Players should be able to force colonists who wont haul or wont butcher animals to do it for a big mood penalty and perhaps a poor job done.  Over time, a squeamish trait could vanish and even be replaced by "desensitized" .

schizmo