Small suggestion for ludeon

Started by L1Psun, December 30, 2016, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L1Psun

At first sorry for my mistakes in english. :)
For me, in game are not enough jobs. I'd like to see something like psychologist, butcher or even a teacher/coach to teach colonists new skills. Thanks for any attention and please what do you think bout this. :)

JuicyPVP

Quote from: L1Psun on December 30, 2016, 12:53:10 PM
At first sorry for my mistakes in english. :)
For me, in game are not enough jobs. I'd like to see something like psychologist, butcher or even a teacher/coach to teach colonists new skills. Thanks for any attention and please what do you think bout this. :)

Butcher is based on "cooking" skill and has its own station.

Trainer/teacher/coach might be cool. Could be based on "social" skill?

L1Psun

Yeah it should be based on 'social' skill.

Writing 'butcher' I meant delete it from cooking
and make it as a separate job. In my opinion it will make cooking faster.

There are more jobs which could be added, but I dont know what jobs.

L1Psun

I have another idea which could be added.

Why cant we dry meat or smoke it?
It could be very useful at early game.
To smoke meat we have to build something like fireplace and build walls around it to make 'smokehouse'.

Sola

Smoked meat makes sense.  It's been around since the dawn of time, and would be useful.

Unfortunately, Pemmican already exists, and functionally serves the same purpose.  They're both processed meat products that last a very long time without a freezer.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Primal Lord

Quote from: L1Psun on December 30, 2016, 01:33:43 PM
Yeah it should be based on 'social' skill.

Writing 'butcher' I meant delete it from cooking
and make it as a separate job. In my opinion it will make cooking faster.

There are more jobs which could be added, but I dont know what jobs.

+1, at the moment cooking meals takes priority over butchering and kibble making, meaning i either need 2 cooks or wait for cook 1 to finish turning everything into meals before he'll skin that alphabeaver so my tailor can make that parka so my hunters don't get hypothermia while they're out in the woods. Some may say the construction workers are the backbone of the town, i say it's the butchers!

L1Psun

Im really happy that someone agrees with me. Its not a typical situation. Anyway greetings from Woodberry :D And happy New Year!

EDIT: Another idea #2

Psychologist will have 'lessons' with colonists selected by player.  In my thoughts he will talk with them 'bout their problems etc. and after few lessons we could change colonist's trait.
According of 'social' skill it may take less or more lessons.

Almost the same with coachers/teachers. They'll have lessons too, but they'll only level up colonists' skill or skills.