[A17] [RELEASED] Real Fog of War (v1.0.0 - 29-07-2017)

Started by Luka Kama, December 31, 2016, 11:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka Kama

Beta 0.1.2 for A16 - build 201701071831
Some re-balancing for mod compatibility (Combat Realism).

Change log:

• Used a "mod compatible" way to identify ranged weapons.
  • Re-balanced the "looking for target" delay for sight increase and ranged weapons, based on weapon warm-up time and range.

Steam page
Zip to manually install here

Thirite

You update faster than I can even test these! Hahaha

Last version I played you could still see the Zs of sleeping pawns that weren't in field of view; don't know if you want to keep it that way. I actually like the fact that you can see the exclamation points of downed pawns under fog of war; it makes sense that they'd alert you to their position.

You've done a damn good job. I wish I could get so much done in such a short time period!

Luka Kama

Beta 0.1.3 for A16 - build 201701072030
Critical bugfix.

Change log:

• Fixed a bug caused by missing pather (while spawnign and de-spawning). The bug was causing various issues (raids not starting, mouse selection not working, etc).

Steam page

Luka Kama

Quote from: Thirite on January 07, 2017, 03:46:22 PM
You update faster than I can even test these! Hahaha

Last version I played you could still see the Zs of sleeping pawns that weren't in field of view; don't know if you want to keep it that way. I actually like the fact that you can see the exclamation points of downed pawns under fog of war; it makes sense that they'd alert you to their position.

You've done a damn good job. I wish I could get so much done in such a short time period!

Thanks, I'm trying to make the mod playable as fast as possible, before returning to work :P .

For the Zs, hunted markers, etc, I too think that are "positive glitches"... Considering that they would be hard to fix, I think that I will leave them as is :).

Thirite

Yeah, I like having the hunt/tame icons stay visible. Sort of like you've seen them and now you can track them.

Right, one other thing. The last version I tested, I could never see the graphic of the poison/psychic ship part. I could target it and destroy it but it was always invisible.

Luka Kama

Quote from: Thirite on January 07, 2017, 06:23:14 PM
Right, one other thing. The last version I tested, I could never see the graphic of the poison/psychic ship part. I could target it and destroy it but it was always invisible.
Just replicated and fixed. I'm releasing it just now (from tomorrow I will not able to work on the mod for a while). Thanks.

Luka Kama

Beta 0.1.4
Change log:

• Fixed non see-through object not shown when seen (poisoning and psychic ships)

Steam page

Luka Kama

Humm... there are some problem with saves: the seenByPlayer custom attribute, used by the mod to track what has been seen by the player, isn't restored on load for mineable objects (mountain blocks), but it works perfectly for walls and other things...

I took a look at the save file, and it seems that the game simply doesn't save info for mineable objects (I can't find them anywhere in the save file)... I could apply a workaround (the mod could consider mineable object as always seen, as they stay hidden by the vanilla fog of war and once revealed they should not be hidden anymore when out of Mod FoV), but it would be nice to know if there are other objects that aren't saved.

Luka Kama

Update: just found that some defs have a "saveCompressible" attribute, and if true, just a short hash is written in the save, discarding any additional info (at least it seems so).

I will make all objects "saveCompressible" as seen by default, otherwise they could be wrongly hidden. So, new version coming...

Luka Kama

Beta 0.1.5
Change log:

• Handled as always seen objects that can't be tracked as seen or unseen in saves (for the moment only rock walls).
  • Fixed some rare errors on game load.

Steam page

Luka Kama

Beta 0.1.6
Well... while playing RimWorld I tried to not work on the mod, but I failed...

Change log:

• Handled pawn faction changes (mainly recruitment): removed FoV from old faction FoW and add FoV to new one.
  • Animals participate to FoW only if trained for release and have an assigned master.
  • FoW is update as soon a "view blocker" thing is created or destroyed.
  • The FoV updater component is disabled on objects that don't participate to FoW (should help on performance).
  • Mod components are not added anymore to motes (should help on performance).
  • Added some checks to prevent run-time errors.

Steam page

ajaviide

Really cool mod !
Just started new game with it ,and its awesome !  Runs really smooth also , so far.
Playing on  Intel  i5 3350p .
One question tho, how savegame compatible is it, can i uninstall the mod later in the game or not?

Thirite

I've added it to new games, removed it, and re-added it all without problem. Seems pretty stable.

ajaviide

seseel_lybon

I'm just strolling along to say that I really like the concept and it works quite well.
Of course, having 100 mods breaks a few things here and there.
But something I'll definitly come back to later. ^^