[A17] [RELEASED] Real Fog of War (v1.0.0 - 29-07-2017)

Started by Luka Kama, December 31, 2016, 11:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka Kama

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 09, 2017, 02:53:29 AM
Can't go back from this mod.  Thank you, guv, for your efforts.

Thanks to you ;) !

Ketoth

this mod really does change the game in a bunch of new and fun ways, never thought hunting for drop pods and freaking out about people breaking walls would be this fun

lost_RD

This looks fantastic, is there much left to do before release?

Luka Kama

Change log:

• First release!
  • Fixed possible memory problems in games with many factions (also improved mod performances)

Steam page
Zip to manually install here

Modo44

This mod needs some visibility measures to prevent too many surprises. I'm thinking CCTV, patrol routes, movement sensors.

Headshotkill

I think the vision radius should be doubled atleast, however trees should obscure more.

Soupy Delicious

SrGrafo

this mod changes the gameplay to what it should be, its amazing!
really cant play anymore without it tho I only have one problem, the mod "Set Camp" which allows you to camp in any place (like if it were an ambush event) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29054.0

whenever I play with both mods, and I enter a camp site, all animals and even certain objects are invisible, if I chop down trees it works but the logs are invisible, always have to quit the game and load so it fixes the problem, is there a way to solve this?

besides that, awesome mod!  :D

Comrade Smartass

So after hours of playing with this mod, I'm running into game-breaking errors.  At first, I was simply having problems with walls not showing on newly spawned maps and strips of unrevealed ground within plain sight of my pawns.  I fixed these by briefly spawning in new pawns (which revealed the patches of land and walls), then destroying them using the dev menu. 

However, I recently started having bugs where enemy pawns and loot on newly spawned maps such as those for enemy outposts wouldn't be visible (although my pawns would still fire at them) unless I used my spawned pawn trick (and even then, once the new pawn was out of sight or despawned, the pawns would disappear again.)

In addition to this, I'm now getting hundreds of errors per second, causing so much lag the game is completely unplayable.  I can't confirm that these errors are all related to this mod (as it crashes when I try to load my save without it), but they started when I came into contact with these pawns (or simply got bad enough for me to notice as some of my older pawns names are in the log.)

I've included a link to my output log below (too large to attach here).  Please note that all 30Mb of the file constitute less than 1 second of error logs.
https://goo.gl/aakBpt