[B18] Shooting Skill Enhanced (22nd Jan 2018)

Started by XeoNovaDan, December 31, 2016, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: asquirrel on January 01, 2017, 02:05:19 PM
Other thing. It would be great if you could break the mods into two components.

Already done it at this point since seeing your previous post along with Zxypher's agreement: Trait, Aiming Time, Accuracy, and Accuracy LITE. As you use the no degradation mod, Accuracy LITE is probably going to be for you. It will work alongside the main mod too, just place it after in the load order. The very high level 18+ figures take skill degradation into account for the standard accuracy changes, so that will naturally become OP if degradation is removed.

So how many tiles out is the 98.7 % chance for a hit?    What weapon do you base these percentages on?

The 98.7% chance happens at one tile, and the 98.7% (0.987) is then exponentially multiplied by the amount of tiles you're shooting at (e.g. 98.7% at 45 tiles would be: 0.987 to the power of 45 = 0.55497... or 55.497% shooter accuracy.) The weapon the percentage is based on is an Excellent Quality Sniper Rifle which has 100% accuracy at all ranges, so the accuracy is 'bottlenecked' purely by the shooter.

Love

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 01, 2017, 01:45:37 PM
Hm, even changing the personal shield max health to something ridiculous like 1000% in Apparel_Shield still results in them shattering as if they're made of glass :/

It may be hard-coded...

I don't think the health has anything to do with how much punishment I can take, I think that's the energy.

You're just changing the wrong stuff.

XeoNovaDan

I'm taking it that Screenshot is in Unity? I'm currently installing that because I reckon that Personal Shield for AI is hardcoded. Yeah, I meant to type Energy.

Regardless of Max Energy of shield (whether it's the default of 1.1, 1.65, or 10), AI shields always break in what seems like 2-3 hits

skullywag

<statBases>
      <MarketValue>2000</MarketValue>
      <Mass>3</Mass>
      <PersonalShieldRechargeRate>0.10</PersonalShieldRechargeRate>
      <PersonalShieldEnergyMax>1.1</PersonalShieldEnergyMax>
    </statBases>

taken from my personal shield mod.

They take the damage as normal, what are you hitting em with, they arent bullet proof forever they do go down in 2-3 sniper hits or 5-6 rifle hits normally.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Love

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 01, 2017, 03:06:16 PM
I'm taking it that Screenshot is in Unity? I'm currently installing that because I reckon that Personal Shield for AI is hardcoded. Yeah, I meant to type Energy.
No that's using ILSpy-Mono.

skullywag

this.energy -= (float)dinfo.Amount * this.EnergyLossPerDamage;

private float EnergyLossPerDamage = 0.027f;

thats all it is.

XeoNovaDan

Ah, where's that?

I don't know C#, my coding knowledge limits only to basic Python

Love

XeoNovaDan, as an experiment, could you change the label of the personal shield in your mod to see if it's even recognizing your changes?

asquirrel

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 01, 2017, 02:16:03 PM
Other thing. It would be great if you could break the mods into two components.

Already done it at this point since seeing your previous post along with Zxypher's agreement: Trait, Aiming Time, Accuracy, and Accuracy LITE. As you use the no degradation mod, Accuracy LITE is probably going to be for you. It will work alongside the main mod too, just place it after in the load order. The very high level 18+ figures take skill degradation into account for the standard accuracy changes, so that will naturally become OP if degradation is removed.

So how many tiles out is the 98.7 % chance for a hit?    What weapon do you base these percentages on?

The 98.7% chance happens at one tile, and the 98.7% (0.987) is then exponentially multiplied by the amount of tiles you're shooting at (e.g. 98.7% at 45 tiles would be: 0.987 to the power of 45 = 0.55497... or 55.497% shooter accuracy.) The weapon the percentage is based on is an Excellent Quality Sniper Rifle which has 100% accuracy at all ranges, so the accuracy is 'bottlenecked' purely by the shooter.

Sorry I'm slow to understand.  Thanks for explaining! :)

skullywag

Quote from: Love on January 01, 2017, 03:19:21 PM
XeoNovaDan, as an experiment, could you change the label of the personal shield in your mod to see if it's even recognizing your changes?

Also to save time and effort if you want an invite to the modders discord send me a pm stating so and ill get you an invite, myself and love are chatting about this there currently.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 01, 2017, 02:16:03 PM

Huh, I never knew accuracy worked that way.

XeoNovaDan

You learn something new every day :)

That 0.5% in shooting accuracy can make a hell of a difference at long ranges, especially for those in the high 90's

XeoNovaDan

So behind the scenes recently, I've been doing a little bit of tinkering. It's not massive in terms of technicality, but it could be massive when reflected in gameplay. I'm currently in the process of re-working the post-process curve for shooting accuracy because the vanilla curve is very strange around 96-100% pre-curve accuracy, plus it may reflect 'overall accuracy' slightly better. This is what I've started on in that respect:

XeoNovaDan

Bump as updated to v1.2

Update notes at the bottom of OP!

just_dont

While I absolutely understand that it's entirely author's discretion to do anything at all with his work, I'd like to point out that suddenly removing the mod from Steam Workshop (the pack mentioned in the post above) will cause its immediate deletion for any subscribers. And due to Shooting Skill Rebalanced extra trait, this will also causes any existing games with that perk to go bad.

Can I kindly suggest that next time it's better to be more careful with such drastic actions? Your actions here affect all your mod's subscribers at once and practically instantly.