Linking buildings to walls?

Started by silverskin, December 25, 2016, 05:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverskin

How?

I've never liked how coolers stand out so much as single items apart from the walls, yet supposedly being part of them. So I want walls to link, side-by-side, with the cooler like they do with other walls.
By adding <li>Wall</li> to the cooler's linkflags, new coolers will be built linked with the walls. But if you save and reload the game, they will no longer be linked. Coolers placed with devmode won't be linked, either.

It's like the cooler can link to the wall but the wall won't link to the cooler. No use of custom flags or anything else seems to work.
Note how the top cooler, in the pic, is linked to the wall but the coolers in the fridge are not. The fridge ones loaded like that. If I disassemble them, build a wall in their place and then build a cooler over the top of the wall then everything is nicely linked and it looks pretty.

I suppose it would be best if they could be layered on top of the wall, to act as part of it. Like it were integrated, as a real vent should be.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

sulusdacor

i assume you have added a linktype too? if not might be the issue.

an easier workaround might be something like the better coolers by skullywag. you just replace the texture with smaller one. that would only work if the cooler places over the wall (not 100% sure if thats how they work).

silverskin

I tried a linktype. Unfortunately it messes up the texture of the cooler. Changes it to a strange block of white and red.

I used to use Better Coolers. But we're on A16, now, and the mod hasn't been updated. I took a look at the cooler in the mods files and it looks like it needs CCL. And that hasn't been updated either.
If I could just get the walls to link then I'd be happy with it.