food needs to be rebalanced for caravans

Started by darkrage000, December 31, 2016, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkrage000

Tried to create a caravan for 6 people.
60 food gave them 4.3 days of food.
that means that each person is eating 10+ meals per day.

NolanSyKinsley

60 what exactly? 60 meals? They will spoil, that may be why it is only saying 4.3 days. You need to send your caravan out with pemmican, long lasting food that will not spoil when unrefrigerated. Pemmican is not like prepared meals though, one pemmican does not equal one serving, they will eat ~15 per meal, so need quite a bit for long journeys.

darkrage000

cant be. if i give them 260 meals they have 20 days of food.
it would still only be 4 days if that was the case.

tommiethegun

10 food per day would mean they ware all 60 in just 1 day, not 4.3...

60 food for 6 colonists is 10 per colonist. 10 food / 4.3 days is 2.3 meals per day per person. Seems reasonable.

Hieronymous Alloy

Quote from: NolanSyKinsley on December 31, 2016, 08:09:02 PM
60 what exactly? 60 meals? They will spoil, that may be why it is only saying 4.3 days. You need to send your caravan out with pemmican, long lasting food that will not spoil when unrefrigerated. Pemmican is not like prepared meals though, one pemmican does not equal one serving, they will eat ~15 per meal, so need quite a bit for long journeys.

SPoilage doesn't seem to matter for travel rations. The food calculations are weird and broken right now. Add a thousand units of raw meat and you'll get many more days of travel.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

skullywag

Hay doesnt seem to do anything to the food value either even though id guess the muffalo would eat it???
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hieronymous Alloy

Caravans also don't take into account that animals can graze.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217