[A16] FireDepartment

Started by lost_RD, December 31, 2016, 09:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lost_RD

Latest update: January 1, 2017 | Download

Special thanks to Nattiejim for the firefoam grenades code. I have borrowed it in its entirety and used it as a reference to create the extinguisher and launcher.

Adds 3 items:

* Fire extinguisher - close range, fast, weak
* Firefoam grenades - medium range, slow, moderate strength
* Doomsday firefoam capsule launcher - long range, huge area, strong, single use

All can be crafted at the machining table or bought from exotic traders. Firefoam is a required research to craft them.

Videos:

Spartyon7 using a fire extinguisher to counter a centipede with an inferno cannon
Doomsday firefoam capsule launcher
Fire extinguisher
Firefoam grenades

etoire

Can I... kill... people... with these fire fighting tools? You described them as if they deal damage on impact, which poppers don't. Thanks for more information! Do you have any screenshots?

lost_RD

They use <damageDef>Extinguish</damageDef> which deals damage to fires only. I'm told that they deal damage to personal shields too but I haven't tested that.

I'm working on some short videos for each weapon as we speak  :)

Hydromancerx

Please add Firefighter clothes to this mod! Ones that protect you from fire damage.

SteelRev

lost_RD

Updated main post with videos of each weapon in action.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 31, 2016, 09:51:17 PM
Please add Firefighter clothes to this mod! Ones that protect you from fire damage.

This is a decent idea. They could be impervious to fire but provide no armour.

Quote from: SteelRev on December 31, 2016, 09:52:11 PM
Thank you so much

You're welcome!

SteelRev

Would it be possible to remove the violence work type so I can turn those useless incapable of violence pawns into dedicated firefighters?

lost_RD

Quote from: SteelRev on January 01, 2017, 03:15:20 PM
Would it be possible to remove the violence work type so I can turn those useless incapable of violence pawns into dedicated firefighters?

I'll look into it. Ideally, using my weapons should come under the firefighting work type. Making this the case would be a lot of work though.

SteelRev

Even if you can't or don't have the time, I still appreciate the mod.

asquirrel

How do you get access to these items?  Is it something I have to research?  Do traders carry them?  Can I manufacture them?  Thanks! :)

SteelRev

Raids have them and you can make them at the machining bench.