[Art] More of those Colonist Drawings

Started by A Friend, January 01, 2017, 02:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on January 21, 2017, 05:45:26 AM
That's rather unfortunate. How did Brett die? Classic raider case?

I can see that Ellie is quite the abrasive, surprised she didn't insult the muffalo too for eating her assault rifle. And then there's Wendy who's too hard at work to be insulting :P

Brett died of a heart attack while i sent her out with another colonist to procure the Uranium we needed in order to build the ship. Was quite the setback for me mentally at least since she was the pawn i warmed up to the most after she proved herself useful with her animal taming. She was a Noble which was one of my first colonists who joined who could do no other work than Social and Animal Handling which she luckily had a passion in. Initially hated her because she could not haul in my Rich Explorer start.

XeoNovaDan

Ouch, that is unfortunate indeed. Only aged 55 too? (or not much older)

Talia would've saved her :P
She had like a 50% chance of successful treatment of a heart attack without meds, lol. That was back in A15 though

A Friend

I'll be doing something differently with the last one.

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

joebob1337

XeoNovaDan

I predict badassery with the final three!

Also the request taking stopped ages ago; there won't be more requests until the next competition likely in the coming months, the concept of which is plausible as our Friend here already did a poll on it.

Tammabanana

Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

eadras

I really like your drawings, they totally capture the Rimworld spirit.   :D

Stormfox

Just wanted to chime in to say: Fantastic work! They have a really unique but consistent style and feel very rimworldy.

A Friend

The Exiles
http://imgur.com/a/Uj3zT

Quote from: Tammabanana on December 17, 2016, 04:09:56 PM
Di and Seph Skyfall: http://imgur.com/a/pwRmL
Colony name: Andacheda Caverns

The Skyfall clan takes its name from grandmother Gabriela, a warrior whose own body was built into weapons [bionic eye and arm], and who fell from the sky in a rain of fire. She spoke to our tribe of endless wars among the stars, to which she had no intention of returning, and we were frightened; for this was a woman who carried a weapon that flung lightning and armor that resisted our finest steel, so surely nothing but destruction could be had among those stars. Nor could she possibly be safe to keep among us. Many wished nothing to do with her, but our revered shaman Bidu fell in love with her and brought her among us. She accepted our ways, but we have never forgotten that a demon bides within our tents.

Their daughter Anda was no more than passing strange, flitting like a butterfly from one passion to another, never satisfied with traditional arts, but never resisting or questioning our most deeply held faiths, as her mother had. We thought, for a time, that perhaps their blood could become a blessing to our tribe, for Anda brought joy to our people. When she married Cheda, the most blessed of our sons, we anticipated their children's arrival with great hope.

But to our dismay, their twin daughters increasingly resembled their grandmother in temperament as they grew; there was no hunt great enough to satisfy Diana's lust for death, no poisonous weed that Persephone would not bring into our gardens. The pair ever threatened our people with their dangerous desires and their refusal to obey the counsel of our elders. It was clear to us that they could not be allowed to remain among us, and so upon their adulthood, we led them past the furthest fires and commanded them to never return.

We do not regret turning them out, but we paid a high price for it. We hoped that their grandmother would follow them into exile, and had prepared ourselves that their parents and younger brother might as well. But when Cheda's own parents, our most respected matriarch and finest craftsman, chose to pack their tent and follow, we grieved mightily.

Our scouts report that they settled a nearby valley, sheltered on three sides by the mountain. For some years, we received reports on their lives - to our relief, they showed no signs of leaving their new homestead. A grave was dug, with the skyfallen woman inside; we sighed with short-lived relief, until our scouts witnessed Diana roaming their lands with her grandmother's cursed weapon, casting lightning upon even the smallest of squirrels that could have fallen to a single stone. Until they found heartsbane and poison-mallow spreading outward like ripples on water, Persephone's cultivated seeds blown on the wind ever closer to our own lands.

We spoke for many seasons on what we could do to protect our people, but could come to no agreement, until the scouts reported new graves - the most innocent among them, the brother, the elder craftsman. So few among them left to keep the twins upon whatever leash they managed to yet hold! We felt we had little choice left to us. We sent our stealthiest to the ancient ruins, to open the doors for the ancients' creations of steel and fire, to lay a trail that would lead them to the demons' valley. They watched as the machines laid waste to the fields and downed every soul in sight, leaving Diana bleeding out into the weeds. They watched the machines enter the house, and they waited.

But the machines did not emerge. No: who came forth from the caves but Persephone, oil-stained and limping, knife in hand. She laid fingers to her grandmother's neck briefly, bowed her head, and moved on. For her sister, she did the same - but instead of walking on, knelt down, tore strips from her clothing and healroot from the ground, and began to bandage her. Our scouts crept closer, thinking to take them by surprise and finish this - but Diana's voice came clear, her eyes met theirs, and her hand reached for the gun. It could not be risked. Perhaps infection would kill them. Our people retreated.

The valley was still and quiet some time after that. We kept a watchful eye, but saw no one emerge. When the moon had grown to fullness and faded again, we felt sufficient time had passed, and that surely this was over; we sent our hardiest warriors inside.

No one was there. No bodies lay inside, nor blood on the floor, nor food in any baskets. Graves had been dug in a back garden, accounting for all the family but the twins.

The demons live, we know not where, and terror grips our hearts.

3 out of 3.
And so it concludes...

I'll see you folks again Mid-March.

ChJees

Looking very atmospheric that art piece. Nice work.
As if they are having a exodus after their colony got burn't to the ground by a centipede inferno cannon.

Tammabanana

It's perfect! I love Di's squinty grumpy I-just-got-shot-but-f-the-enemy expression, and Seph's plant-profuse attire. It's so her!

Quote from: ChJees on January 27, 2017, 06:12:58 AM
Looking very atmospheric that art piece. Nice work.
As if they are having a exodus after their colony got burn't to the ground by a centipede inferno cannon.

Yessssssss!
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

XeoNovaDan

Nice...

Edit (trying to be as descriptive I can... creative writing isn't my strong suit at times):
The way that the civilisation is engulfed in flames; the glow radiating from the very core of the blaze itself, out into the pitch darkness that envelops the land, of which hardy centipedes and scythers ravage and pillage, and wreak havoc as they do. The crystalline clarity of the sky being clouded by the thick billows of smoke that ascend to the great heavens above...

A feeling of intensity almost contrasted by near-tranquility as the 'cursed twins' slowly trudge onwards, away from the fray... The 'great guardian' that resides overlooks the great blaze below - over, outwards, to Di and Seph.